Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many acres do you hunt? >

How many acres do you hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many acres do you hunt?

Old 06-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many acres do you hunt?

I have access to 3000+ acres of private land between PA, and VT. The Vermont ground is in 2 parcels, one is about 1500 acres. About 500 of this is field, but no crops other than alfalfa anymore. The rest is mixed hardwoods and softwoods, but mostly maple.

I only have exclusive property access at my family's property and their neighbors in PA which totals about 200 acres. Probably 40 of this is field, the rest is swamp, and open hardwoods most of which is mixed red and white oak. There is great hunting there.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

204 acre lease, hooked up from leasemaster.com, Its surrounded by 3 other secs owned by the same guy in the 'golden triangle' of KY, only hunters that lease it are me and dad.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt the family property of 600 acres. It has about 100 acres of food plots throughout. All of our property is bordered by state corrections ground where no hunting is permitted but one or two days a year for antlerless deer. Big buck heaven.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

1600 (200 timber)- Illinois River Bottom Putnam County
2200 (1/4 pasture rest timber) Southern Indiana Lawrence County

All that and still 8 years of happy(overall) marriage.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:00 PM

I have about 300 acres around my house that is all private property only open to my family and my best-friend. My best-friend and I hunt his uncles property which is about 200 acres and their is only one other guy that hunts this property.

Saturday my sisters boyfriend and I hit the jack-pot. A lady he works with gave us permission to hunt her property. It hasn't been hunted in about 7 years and there is a little over 900 acres for just the two of us. We checked this property out and it looks awsome. We will be putting cameras up on the property in the late summer to see if we can find some good bucks!
Old 06-06-2005, 09:07 PM

I went from roughly 4,500 acres of private land last year to just over 150 acres this year since the ladnowner decided to sell out. [:'(]

Hopefully the new landowner will allow us to continue hunting the property, if not, I'll just have to stick with the 150.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 10.5 acres that I built a small cabin on and I have access to the 80 acres next to me.There's about 400acres on my other border that I can pay $40/yr to hunt on but I never did.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

One area that I hunt is 2.5 million acres. Public of course. You lose most at the first couple of miles. I have exclusive rights with one other guy to several thousand acres. Beer and potatoes goes a long way. He even went the distance to build us a bunk house to sleep in. We were told last year that all people go through us if they want permision to hunt. I have a ranch of about a tousand acres in another area that I hunt, where we get permission by supplying ice cream and tanned beaver hides. I mostly hunt public, and my favorite spot is a block of roadless area that is 10 miles wide by 50 miles long. Other than the two ranches, I hunt all public.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

None usually that is guaranteed/Every year I must beg and scrape the bottom of the bucket areas. The one handicap hunt I go on every year for 1 day only is the only guaranteed spot
Old 06-07-2005, 04:28 AM

I have access to about 550 tht I will hunt regularly, I could get more easily. That 550 is 2 different spots. One spot is 350 and the other is about 200.

Other people are allowed to hunt these properties.
The 200 acres is new for me this year the owner said others have permission to hunt it, but it hasn't been hunted in a few years.

The 200 acres is mostly wooded surrounded by a river on one side and fields on the other. The 350 acre plot is farm land with woods and fields equally split, feilds have oats in some corn in some and the others is pasture.

Quick Reply: How many acres do you hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.