Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Southern Missouri >

Southern Missouri

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Southern Missouri

Old 05-24-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Southern Missouri

Is ther anyone on here that is from southern MO? I am looking for someone to get in contact with. Also I am planning on a hunt in northern MO. Anyone that can give me some tips would be appreciated. I have never been there. About 30 miles from the Iowa border. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Southern Missouri

Why do you want to hunt MO when you can hunt Iowa?
Old 05-24-2005, 07:15 PM

I live in Southern MO. Lookin to hunt elsewhere. Also lookin to find someone that has hunted th public ground around here. I lost my place to hunt. Too many family members moving into my areas.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:22 PM

I live in Central MO, but hunt some in Dent county. There is lots of public ground in southern MO, um...Peck Ranch is just huge, like, 30,000 acres, Mark Twain National Forest is excellent hunting.....I know of several others here close to me, and up north as well.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:23 PM

Hi Ozark, Im from the southern part of Missouri but not way south, where are you from in Missouri? What are you wanting to find out about? Ill try to answer your questions if I can, just let me know.
Im in Dent county in Missouri and have done some hunting on some public land around here, there is a lot of public ground around here to hunt, but some of it will take a little time putting in your footwork because of a lot of very vast timber areas. Id also like to try out North Mo Ive heard a lot of good things about hunting there.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:27 PM

I'm about 80 miles southeast of Springfield. Town of Gainesville. Right between Bull Shoals and Norfork lakes. I'm interested in hunting the Caney Mountain Conservation Area and Public Hunting Access. There is about 7,500 acres there and not a lot of pressure I think.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im down in the bootheel belong to a local club.about 6000 acres
200.00 a year only 75 members most hunt the gun season so
have archery season to a few of us works out great!

Old 05-25-2005, 06:45 AM

I am from central MO, but used to hunt northern MO several trips a years. Where abouts up there were you planning to hunt? I hunted several MDC areas in the North East portion of the state.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:11 AM

Hello Ozark Bowhunter. I'm from the Tecumseh area. I think hunting on Caney Mtn is by draw only and for a 3 or 4 day muzzleloading season. I'm not sure on that, but you should probably check before you hunt there. I would suggest going to the courthouse and getting a plat book, because there is a ton of Nat'l Forest in Ozark Co. There is also Corp of Engineer land around the lakes that you can hunt. It's shown on the plat maps, too. I think you could find a place to bowhunt by just knocking on doors. Where are you planning to hunt in Northern MO and when? If you need a partner, let me know.