Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 it's a sad day... for me at least >

it's a sad day... for me at least

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

it's a sad day... for me at least

Old 05-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default it's a sad day... for me at least

i found out today that i woun't be able to shoot my new bow for either 3 weeks or 3 months i'm not entirely sure. i found out that i both fractured and dented my sternum last week. soooo. pretty much i can't do anything strenuous for that period of time, whick includes drawing and shooting my bow.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:27 PM

Default RE: it's a sad day... for me at least

That sucks but you should be back for the season. Just tell me it was an accident and not the result of doing something stupid. I missed a season years ago because I broke my wrist playing football.

Do what the doc says and you'll be back in your stand being eaten by insects in no time.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah it was an accident of someone else doing something stupid. my friends older brother picked me up to throw me into the pool, he had me by the legs, i slipped and my sternum came down right on his shoulder. to say the least if felt great. i tried drawing my bow a few days ago, and to say the least it didn't work. so i guess i'll spend my extra time when i'ld be shooting to scout a new area i have.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ouchie!....I know what its like to shoot in pain. I was having some pain in my right elbow and hurt when I moved it, but it didn't stop me from shooting. That probably wasn't the smartest thing i've done but happy say its not hurting anymore..hope you get better soon
Old 05-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that at least its not right at hunting season . Like you said do some axtra scouting instead.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

that really sucks, but as others have said do as the dock said and don't go drawing back your bow too soon or it will take longer to heal. hope you get well soon.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

Sorry to hear that at least its not right at hunting season .
i would've been even less happy if this were the case.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:47 PM

Sorry to hear about the bad news. Hang in there. You'll be shooting before you know it.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there and do what the Doc says. I busted up my leg on Oct 23 last year just in time for the Rut. Didn't get back to the woods until Dec. 31st. Having that happen NOW is about the only good thing you can say about it.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Ouch... that must hurt... You can still get out and do your scouting then when you are ready to pull it back, you will really be prepared.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.