Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shawn Chatam Chasing The Dream JOKE!!! >

Shawn Chatam Chasing The Dream JOKE!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shawn Chatam Chasing The Dream JOKE!!!

Old 05-17-2005, 06:10 AM

Default Shawn Chatam Chasing The Dream JOKE!!!

OK this crap is just amazing!!,, They will put anything on tv now.. i just flipped on the tube and this show was on the outdoor channel. Some guy is hunting with a bow out in the open in open timber on the ground not even hiding behind anything, He says hes trying to hunt this "big buck" And lo and behold here it comes right toward him, and its huge and still in velvet, it gets to like 20 yards and just stops and stares at him head on. The guy takes the shot at a head on deer, looked like he hit it in the neck. Next scene is the "hero" scene where he is talking about how good his hunt was at joe blow whitetail preserve. And how awesome it is to kill a deer scoring 222" It really got under my skin to show this stuff on tv, hunting high fence preserves and taking totally unethical shots at deer bigger than most of us will ever get a chance to ever see in our lives. I guess when it is in a high fence enclosure you can shoot it wherever you want since it cant get away! I know this stuff happens all the time, every day in places just like this, but do they have to show it on tv for the people who dont know any better to watch is and think it is normal and ok. Sorry just had to rant a little!![:@]
Old 05-17-2005, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shawn Chatam Chasing The Dream JOKE!!!

Yeah some of these TV personalities should be arrested for trying to impersonate hunters.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

That guy has a ton of fans! [:@] IF I had a dollar for every thread I've read where everyone was hating this guy! I can't believe he still has a show as much negative feedback as I've read. I'm not sure I have ever seen the guy on a Fair Chase hunt? [:'(] From 400" Velvet antlerd Elk in Canada to RIFLE whitetail hunts in Ohio!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Dominant Buck

No problem other than the shot you mentioned. It would be better served on the Farming and Ranch channel. I see nothing unetical about the harvest (other than the shot, which I didnt see). Just needs to be called harvesting. I have noticed that too about alot of the hunts. Guys standing up right, in broad day light getting huge bucks to stand still for them. Its never happened to me that way.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

You ain't kidding...that cocky as* guy and his show are a total joke [:'(]. It's defiantely my least favorite show on the outdoor channel...when ever it comes on...its time to do some serious channel surfing. I absolutely hate those shows that are filmed entirely on fenced in game farms.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have even gone so far as to email the people at the Outdoor Channel about how bad this show is[:'(][:@]
Old 05-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I here ya man. How can they even call themselves hunters? Damn Bucks come a running in like they are a family pet. I cut a fart in my area and i won,t see a buck for a week. i guess it wouldn,t be much of a show just looking at trees and critters, but that,s what usually happens.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:21 PM

at deer bigger than most of us will ever get a chance to ever see in our lives.
I cut a fart in my area and i won,t see a buck for a week.

Those comments right there say it all. Thats the reason why you can find so many threads like this one on hunting sites............
Old 05-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those comments right there say it all. Thats the reason why you can find so many threads like this one on hunting sites............
Care to enlighten us? Or at least give us a slight clue as to what the heck your getting at?

Working with just that comment , I'm lead to believe that your just angered by folks who dont think shooting deer behind a fence is hunting.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have saw the show several times. I am not a fan of that show or the host. I agree with you all from what I have witnessed.

Quick Reply: Shawn Chatam Chasing The Dream JOKE!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.