Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 turkey fan mount >

turkey fan mount

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

turkey fan mount

Old 05-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default turkey fan mount

Well, I shot my first turkey a few weeks ago and decided to do a fan mount myself. Here are a few pics. (No laughter, please)

Old 05-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: turkey fan mount

another

Old 05-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

and another

Old 05-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

and another. Sorry they are so small. I still haven't figured the pic stuff out completely.

oops. think I posted same pic twice.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it looks pretty good. How did you do about doing it. I like the way you did yours and want to do mine like it so any info would help, thanks.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

im not laughing at all in fact iv never seen one where the feathers go all the way around that looks awsome.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks good
Old 05-13-2005, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Really nice.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:34 AM

You did a really nice job.

Gongeats on the gobbler and the momories that your mount will preserve for a long time to come.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

jepcho, here are some more pics. I probably spent about 3 or 4 hours on it. I cut 7 - 1 x 4's 30" long and cut 4 - 1 x 2's for the outer frame and nailed them together. I cut the meat from the back of the fan (there was just a little left). I left the tailbone on because I wanted to keep all of the front feathers on to make the circle and didn't know if removing it would mess it up or not. I put some borax on what meat/fat was left. I routed out the 1 x 4 where the tailbone it because it wouldn't lay as flat as I wanted. I positioned the fan where I wanted it and stapled the large fan feathers in place. I used a 1/2" or 3/8" staple so it would set in the wood and hold the feather in place but not smash it. Then I worked the front feathers into a circle. I put some hobby glue in the center. I found a wooden towel ring at Home Depot that I used as the center plaque. I cut most of the meat off the beard and wrapped it with wire I got at Walmart craft dept. I probably would have left more meat on it if I had it to do over so the wire wrap would not extend down into the beard as much. Then I drilled a hole in the towel ring where the ring was attached and held the beard in place and put a screw in it. I took the feet and wrapped the ends with black canvas fabric from Walmart and then wrapped them with green wire, once again from Walmart. Total cost was about $12 but I got the 1 x from scrap at work.

Quick Reply: turkey fan mount

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.