Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

got a hog

Old 05-12-2005, 09:28 AM

Default got a hog

well a fellow teacher was complaining about hogs rooting up there pasture so i ablidged her and said i could help her out. well her husband gave it the ok and said he had seen them at 8pm monday night so i headed down tuesday and sure enough just like clockwork they cam across the county road into what is an old wheat field i stalked up to w/ about 25 yard and let her fly. i hit it a little back and they ran off about 100 yards then came charging us we ran for the only tree and they stoped about 20 yards out but the wheat was to tall to get a shot. they sat there for about a minute, i tryed to sneek a little closer but they ran like crazy. well the one i hit we had to sneek up on and finish it off it was a perfect 100 lb sow mmmmmm. well i plan on going back tonight do you think they will come back out or should i wait anther couple of days. there was about 20 in the group. They are feeding on old wheat hey bails it looks like.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:30 AM

Default RE: got a hog

that was also the first kill for the new switchback!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a wild hunt. By the way, are you an English teacher?
Old 05-12-2005, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good deal
Old 05-12-2005, 10:40 AM

Congrats on the hog!

I wish we had wild pigs to hunt. It sounds like a blast and I love bacon
Old 05-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Love hog hunting. I need to get out and do a little more. It has been over a month since I have been out.

Good job.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the hog. i enjoy hog hunting down here in florida. but i doubt the hogs would be too spooked. i went one afternoon with a few people we took a few shots with my friends shotgun and me with my rifle but we missed. too far. but we went back the next morning and they were still there. we ended up getting 2 that morning. if you did it night after night for a while though you might change there habits. so i would limit it to 2 or 3 nights a week just to be on the safe side.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good job on that kill...

Burie..when you get approved of leaving your state of insanity and come pick me up here in the crotch of California so we can go hog hunting
Old 05-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Burie..when you get approved of leaving your state of insanity and come pick me up here in the crotch of California so we can go hog hunting
Pack the coooler and come on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.