Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Suggestions from FL Hunters plz. >

Suggestions from FL Hunters plz.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Suggestions from FL Hunters plz.

Old 05-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default Suggestions from FL Hunters plz.

Well i know this should be in the regions forum but not 2 many people look thrue that forum so i thought i will give it a try here. If u guys (Mods) want to delete it from here i understand. Well here it goes anyways.

Well i had a few questions. This year will be my first year to actually go hunting and i wanted to hunt some WMA land (In FL of course) and was wondering if u guys had any suggestions of some good WMA running from about Orlanda anywhere down to the Florida Keys? Also does the land that ur suggesting require a quota permit to hunt on it? Im thinking of trying out Okaloacoochee Slough but i need a quota permit to hunt that area.So if i dont get drawn i would like to have other areas as back up. Well any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Suggestions from FL Hunters plz.

hey newb i live in florida but i haven't ever hunted deer here. i hope to start this year also down here(i mostly hunt deer in kentucky). i don't know of any good wma's south of orlando. but i have heard very good things about one near ocala, but i can't think of the name. there a good bit of others around but i don't know much about them.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Suggestions from FL Hunters plz.

3 lakes , bull creek , and fort drum [permit required]

Green swamp is excelent public land allso , or was , they had a fire a couple years ago , and I havent been there since the fire , it was an outstanding place before , if the fire did not ruin it that would be my first choice .

3 lakes can be kind of crowded , but is big and has areas that are hard to get to [north west ] and has some good numbers of game .

I hunted fort drum 2 years ago 20,000 acers and there was 3 of us with permits , for 20,000 acers . Lots of room to say the least .