Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A loosing battle >

A loosing battle

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A loosing battle

Old 05-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default A loosing battle

Ok I try to keep my mouth shut but thats it, i had it up to here[:@]. We are in a crutial time with out sport, our past time and to many of us our culture. We are being attacked from every angle, now ive seen it from with in our own circle. I was chattin to some friends in this site when I was critisized about my sign in name. No one mentioned. People the only way to win this one is to stick together and give up not an inch!!!. Some aspects about what we do may not apeal to everyone but it is what we are and whoe we are, I for one will not change to fit what is "acceptable" so it does not offend any one. We have a huge following with many members (hunting, fishing, trapping) and the only way we will win is to stick together and be ourselves. How would the bow hunters like it if the gun hunters said "yeah they are not as ethical as us so...." or "Yeah get rid of the spring bear hunt, we dont really hunt them at that time". Well that is whats happening and as a result we will lose. So NO!!!!!!! I will not change my log in name or any other part of who I am, Iwill not let the PETA, Humane Society, Animal Rights Etc..... win.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:07 PM

Default RE: A loosing battle

hehe

This was a great post.

Makes me want to change my name to "Bull Eye".
Old 05-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Site Bouncer

Spot,

Don't sweat it, I have seen worse on this very site. To me it's just that a screen name, it means nothing. Becides just because you visit a bow hunting forum does not mean that's all you do does it? No if you are a multi animal hunter like myself and most outhers here, a spot light is legal. For instance while hunting coyotes here in Illinois during the 24hr period you can use a hand held spot light to hunt with. Maybe this person should explore other hunting avenues eh?

There are some people here that think the sun rises and sets on bow hunting only and never experience other types of hunting. It's narrow minded people who say such things before thinking first. And your right, people like that (I like to call them elitists) will only provide ammunition to the anti's of the world by infighting.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Fork Horn

Hey dont get me wrong the name is for the humor value only, but if there is (in any state or province) a law that alows you to hunt with a ligh then by all means go for it. Im just saying that if you hunt there for you are, having said that by god stick together and dont forget that what we do is all the same on all ends of the scale. Stick together and we will be able to pass what we are down to our grand kids, worry about fitting in and be afraid to offend someone that does not agree with what we do, then its lost.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I must be a real bad dude. I spot deer for fun ,it is legal in pa. and a family recreation to jump in the car and show the kids deer
Old 05-11-2005, 05:18 AM

We can all sit here and discuss the pros and cons of personal hunting choices (ex., dog hunting, deer drives, crossbow hunting ...etc).

But I agree with Spot Light.

If there's a law for it, then by all means everyone should feel free to do it without remorse.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:29 AM

Yup, a spot light is a handy tool for finding the buck you want to hunt in the fall. I have one in the back seat of my car right now

I'm not sure who's throwing stones at you but it appears to have you Fired up a bit and IMO that's great if it adds another hunter who's going to stand up for the sport and be heard. I'm forever preaching how the average hunter takes for granted what we have and makes no attempt to preserve the heritage we hold so dear. After a couple of close brushes with the anti's (we've won sofar but they're back at it again) I know just how important it is to be active and a spokes person for the spot 24 hours a day if neccesary.

After defeating a referendum on baning bear hunting over bait just this last Nov 2, the antis are trying to push that same crap legislation through the state house to ban baiting and the use of hounds and if I'm not mistaken they are trying to ban bear trapping as well. It is obvious they will push this until they get it through but still the normal Joe hunter isn't informed and certainly isn't active in defeating the sport.

I urge all of us to get rowled up over this. Uniting simple isn't enough anymore. The key to our soprt lies in getting informed, being active, and adding to our number with our best resources, our children.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:52 AM

other names that you could have chosen

Poacher
Gut Pile
Gut Shot
Hit & Lost
Missed Again
0 fer 12
lung blood
guts & blood & gore
I Killed Bambi
I ate Bambi
Leghold Trap with teeth
Old 05-11-2005, 08:00 AM

Leghold Trap with teeth
That might be pushing it Data
Old 05-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

some people are just bored and have nothing better to do. it is all around us, everyday

Quick Reply: A loosing battle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.