Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

slick tricks

Old 05-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default slick tricks

Well for the last month I have been tinkering with my bow tring to get broadheads to fly like my field points. I could get the broadhead to group but they still didn't hit with the fieldpoints. This weekend I recieved my slick tricks and these babies flew like a dream. At forty yards I was 1" right of the 2"x2" target. I am very happy with them.

Now I was hoping to get some stories from people that have used them. What animals have you taken with them, how is the penetration and what kinds of holes/bloodtrails are they leaving?

I hope to use them on hogs this summer.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:47 AM

Default RE: slick tricks

Glad to see they are finally getting those out. I have been waiting for mine for 3-4 weeks. Glad to hear they are flying good for ya. I will post my findings when they get here, which should be any day now, hopefully.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:35 PM

bigbuck270

I shot a Deer and a Bear this past season with the Slick Trick 100gr. They not only fly great! They leave one heck of a blood trail! My Bear only went 15yds and the deer 35yds. A blind man could have followed either. Great Head!
Old 05-09-2005, 04:23 PM

Where can we get some???
Old 05-09-2005, 04:36 PM

Where can we get some???
www.slicktrick.net
Old 05-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

cant wait till i order mine
Old 05-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used them the past two seasons. 2 bucks and 2 does have fallen to the heads.

They are excellent heads the best I have ever used bar none!

He is a pic of a doe you might find interesting...... Hows this for an exit hole?

Old 05-10-2005, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

The only place I could find some in stock was the Archers nook. They have a website and a 1800#. I ordered mine last monday afternoon and they were in sat. Price was right on too. Great people.

Lets keep the stories comming!

Thanks
Old 05-10-2005, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

After shooting Muzzy's for many years, I decided to try Slick Tricks because I was looking to use a 4 blade head. This will be my 3rd season using Slick Trick 125's, and all I can say is WOW! Unbelievable accuracy, and huge holes. I have harvested 12 animals in the last 2 seasons including 2 black bear. I have watched all 12 animals go down from the stand. 8 of those animals were taken with the same arrow/Slick Trick combo. I just replaced the blades and hit the tip with a tooling stone, and it was good to go again. Excellent durability. Great Broadhead!
Old 05-10-2005, 07:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

IMHO sllick tricks are the best fixed blade head made. They fly like guided missiles, cut huge holes and penetrate like a hot knife through butter.

Last year was the first year with them and I took 4 whitetails. All went down within sight with the farthest making it about 50 yards. Blood a blind man could have followed.

The only other broadhead I would consider would be a razor cap should I need a cut to the tip head for really large game animals. Like elephant.

Quick Reply: slick tricks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.