Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What Arrows !!!!!!!

Old 04-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What Arrows !!!!!!!

Okay so there has been some serious debate on The Ted Nugent Gold Tips Carbons.. Almost everyone has stated that they aren't that great.. So My question is this.. What Are some good Carbon arrows.. I am looking to spend less then $80.00. Seems how I just got me whisker biscuit and Copper John sight. All i need is arrows.. Please help.. I have only used Aluminum in the past. Thanks!
Old 04-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Arrows !!!!!!!

Not sure what the Ted Nugent version are but I have a dozen Gold Tip XT 5575 coming in the mail anyday now. I also have some Red Head Carbon Fury 6075 which are pretty durable. I also have the same bow as you, mine is set at 65lbs and 27" draw length. If you need cheap arrows to start the Red Heads ( Bass Pro) will get you going. They also have a .004 shaft that is reasonably priced. I also have a Wisker Buisquit on my Grizzly but am having second thoughts about it only because of the noise it makes on draw back other than that I think they are hard to beat.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:29 PM

muliefever i use (easton carbon aeros carbon excels 340) 8.8 grains per inch. shot 2 deer this year with the same arrow and broad head montec g5. arrow is back in the quiver waiting to be used again this year. by the way arrow blew completely threw both times. these are the only carbons i have ever shot switched from aluminums to these. so i can only recomend the carbon excels
Old 04-09-2005, 11:25 PM

I have owned the same dozen Goldtip XT 55/75's for many years and they are
a great shaft. Still have 8 of the dozen left. They are a tough shaft, fly great and
group great. I use these for indoor shooting,3D, and turkey hunting. For deer and
elk I like to use a heavier arrow and usually hunt with XX75 2314's. Goldtip makes
good shafts and would recommend either the XT's or the Pro series.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Typical Buck

The Ted Nugent shafts are GT Expeditions w/ a straightness of .006... they are decent shaft.. just not the straightest. I personally shoot the GT Pro Hunters which are .001.. and I've had nothing but great luck w/ the. It all depends on what you want out of your arrows and how much you want to spend. Also check out www.mountainarchery.com for some great prices on gold tips or any other arrows.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey thanks guys!
Old 04-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, So I just spent like a whole hour reading about different carbon arrows.. And I am still lost!! I should have just ordered a whisker biscuit for aluminum arrows! Anyway, I read about Easton, Beaman, Carbon Impact to name a few and they all sound so sweet.. But what about Cabela's with the Buff tuff carbons. Or Red head arrows with the crest already on them? There is just so much more out there in terms of carbon arrows.

Let me know what you think!!! I have a Grizzley, set at 68#. I will be shooting 30" arrow's and atleast a 100 gr. BH. What is a good arrow for my application? Mostly for Elk Hunting! Please help!
Old 04-10-2005, 05:53 PM

Mulie,
When I bought my new bow last week, I received a dozen carbon arrows for free. They are the Carbon Express Extremes. Size 300. They are 30" long and I shoot 70#. I've seen them in mail order for around $60. Archery shops for about $70-80 a dozen.

I love them.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:05 PM

GT Hunter XT is an excellent arrow and will come in under you $80 mark. I have no idea what the Ted Nuggent GT arrows are.?????????
Old 04-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Ted Nugent arrows are online at Archeryexperts.com ..Just GT arrows with a cool zebra color. Check them out!

Quick Reply: What Arrows !!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.