Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Back Tension releases:  Eagle, Pro Diamond, or Chappy Boss? >

Back Tension releases: Eagle, Pro Diamond, or Chappy Boss?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Back Tension releases: Eagle, Pro Diamond, or Chappy Boss?

Old 02-25-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Back Tension releases: Eagle, Pro Diamond, or Chappy Boss?

I'm thinking of going to a backtension release. I've tried the chappy boss by TRU Ball and I like it, but it's loud. I have not tried the Pro Diamond or the Copper John Eagle but have heard that they are also good releases.

If you have any opinions on these let me know.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Back Tension releases: Eagle, Pro Diamond, or Chappy Boss?

I havent shot any of those but Iam useing the carter solution 3 and also the stanislawski. The solution 3 is a little on the pricey side. If you haven't shot one and don't know if you are going to like it ,I would try to find a used cheaper model and try it out. My favorite training aid is a 4 finger stanislawski set with a long travel and a clicker. It has tought me patience in my shot. Good luck, you are on your way to a whole new standard of shooting.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:26 PM

im trying to cut the cost of a new release by finding it on ebay. i should be able to cut the cost of one of the $100+ job releases.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:35 PM

I just played around with the Pro Diamond this past weekend and at first try I was impressed. I too am looking for a back tension style relaese and I am going to keep trying the ProDiamond. It is taking a little to get used to positioning and using this style but I think it may be awesome.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:36 PM

I use a carter hunter. It has a wrist laynard so you can use it for hunting. I bought it off ebay in excellent shape for $75. Shoots great.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:21 PM

I really like my Copper John Eagle release. I took me about two weeks to feel comfortable with it....but, now I love it. I think that it is one of the better options out their for those that want a hunting and 3-D back tension release.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

i tried it but and liked it but i did not end up buying it ..what does a back tensiondo?
Old 03-02-2005, 01:08 AM

well first of all i hate to burst anybodys bubble, but none of the releases you mentioned are actually a "back tension" i would reccomened a TRU ball BT gold it is a very smoothe back tension and isnt to pricey either, also if your willing to spend the extra money they have the ultra II series with a safety, if you want to learn to shoot back tension do it on a true back tension not a thumb release, if you have any other questions i will be glad to help
Old 03-02-2005, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

While they may not be pure back tension releases, thumb trigger releases can be shot with pure back tension. Then again, so can any release.

For a back tension release I prefer the Zenith lineup.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:02 AM

ok i found the pro diamond on sale at dick's sporting goods for $60 about a week ago. i have found that i needed to retune my bow a little because of my switch from a rope release to the caliper head. once i got the adjustable trigger were i wanted it ive been shooting the best groups of my life!! at 20 yards six arrows were squeezed into a group the size of a quarter! with a little more time im sure i will be shooting that quarter sized group out to 40 yards. that pro diamond release really kicks @$$!!!!!!!