Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

hoyt or mathews

Old 02-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hoyt or mathews

both good i own an xtec i them better than mathews cheaper too hoyt has been around longer and imo if u want speed id get a mathews but forgiving smooth balance hoyt is the way 2 go
Old 02-19-2005, 02:11 PM

Mathews makes an inferior bow for 1 reason. The solo cam. They have made their bed and now they are laying in it. This is why Bowtech is so popular. All they do is follow Mathews and make the bow is a dual cam version (At least that is how they started). I own 2 Mathews bows. It's pretty sad that a Joe like me can take a bow, put dual cams on it and make a better bow than what I bought. I don't see the solo cam being aroung in 15 years, I just don't see it. People are wise to the problems associated with them. The solo cam would already be gone, but they are saved because they are fast. And all kinds of people want to have the fastest bow on the block.

I will get off my soap box now. Just buy what you think is the best. I would buy a Hoyt, the cam and 1/2 is the best cam design around, and will be for the near future. They are decent fast, Adjustable, and forgiving (They do have to be tuned, just not as often as dual cams, and when they are off it is by less)

As for the real guys that can shot. Hoyt finished 1,2,3 in the IBO triple crown for Male Pro Release. Mathews finished 6,8,9.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ewolf

Mathews makes an inferior bow for 1 reason. The solo cam. They have made their bed and now they are laying in it. This is why Bowtech is so popular. All they do is follow Mathews and make the bow is a dual cam version (At least that is how they started).
That should certainly get some "interesting" replies to this thread!!
Old 02-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just buy both and the bowtech as well. They hold their value well and the only problem you'll have (if you can call it that) is which one are you going to shoot today.
"They hold their value"?

What planet are you from?[&:]

Mathews makes an inferior bow for 1 reason. The solo cam. They have made their bed and now they are laying in it. This is why Bowtech is so popular. All they do is follow Mathews and make the bow is a dual cam version (At least that is how they started).
That should certainly get some "interesting" replies to this thread!!
Why bother? It's nonsense!
Old 02-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

Just buy both and the bowtech as well. They hold their value well and the only problem you'll have (if you can call it that) is which one are you going to shoot today.
"They hold their value"?

What planet are you from?[&:]
Got a new computor chair for my birthday. Fits my funny bone just right. Just trying to start something.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think you can go wrong w/ any of the bows mentioned above. All 3 are quality bow manufactures and for hunting you won't find too much of a difference. Just shoot them all and buy what feels best to you.

Good Luck.

P.S.
I shoot the Hoyt Vipertec.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

HOYT USA
Old 02-22-2005, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Wester MA Hunter. You should try different manufacturers products. Find one the feels good and you are able to shoot well. My preference is Hoyt.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

mathews
Old 02-23-2005, 06:58 PM

Bowtech

Quick Reply: hoyt or mathews

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.