Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

nocking point

Old 02-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default nocking point

anybody ever use one of these devices? Good or bad?

Old 02-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: nocking point

Glad you asked...I'd like to know as well...I used a string loop this past season, and had trouble with it bending alot while I was trying to hook my release to it.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some people like them and every one else hates them.They do work,but they add alot of weight onto the string.
I have also heard of a guy who had to get stitches after being whacked by the string and one of those nocks.----OUCH
One real big advantage I see though is you wont have to worry about any knots coming undone.If speed isnt your thing and you have good form and not hitting your arm with the bow string periodically then go for it.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:39 PM

I use one but I don't like it. If you don't get the screws tight enough it slides on you and I swear it does even if you do tighten them enough. A simple mark with a perm. marker works to know for sure. I didn't like how my string loop was hard to clip on to either. The tru-nok is easier but it still rotates around with your string. It's alot bulkier then it looks too. I still use it though so maybe it's not too bad.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:07 PM

I have never used it. I am a little nervous about clamping something on my string like that. I would worry about it moving up or down changing accuracy. Also, I would worry about it breaking strands in bow string. My hunting buddy had the string loop separte the serving on his string.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

They are extremely NOISEY!!!!!
Old 02-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The other have given some thoughts. Some more are that they can beat the hell out of your cables. They wear out your release jaws (metal on metal). The speed loss amounts to about 10fps.
Basically I consider them something for the person who doesn't know any better.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alrighty then. I guess I will just pass on these things based on the almost unanimous love for them!!! Isn't this website great? Where else can you get candid real life product evaluations, certainly not from magazine tests! Thanks for saving me money and agravation guys.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd just go with the regular string loop if your sure you don't want to shoot from the string Terry it's alot cheaper and definetly as reliable as anything your gonna find on the market today . They're also much cheaper than some of these other option's .

nubo
Old 02-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nubo,
At this point I am going to be attaching directly to the string. I like to minimize the things that can go wrong when I'm in a treestand.

Quick Reply: nocking point

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.