Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Copper John, Trophy Ridge, or Cobra >

Copper John, Trophy Ridge, or Cobra

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Copper John, Trophy Ridge, or Cobra

Old 02-15-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Copper John, Trophy Ridge, or Cobra

I'm going to buy some new sights for my bow & from the research I've done I have narrowed it down to these 3. But I'm having a hard time deciding. Was wondering if you guys could give some honest, unbiased pros and cons to them. I will only be hunting. I only need 3 pins. My set up is tomkat (but will hopefully upgrade in a few years) 70lbs. 27" DL. I want a good brand sight that I can use for a long time and that I can change to another bow if I decide to get another one in a few years. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Copper John, Trophy Ridge, or Cobra

I have a copperjohn pro and I love it! Copperjohn would be my first choice. It is all aluminum and is a strong good sight. I also like the cup and the light that you can get for copperjohn's.

I used to have a TR but I sold it. They have alot problems. The pin guard is plastic and not aluminum. Another bad thing about the TR is that it hangs down more. That might hang low enough for you to not have fletching clearance. That all depends on how low your sight is though. I think when I had mine I also had problems with it moving alot. I would not get a TR.

I'm not sure if the Cobra has a round pin guard or a rectangle but whatever you do I would suggest staying with a round pin guard. That way you can see your whole guarde in you peep which is round. So my first choice is the Copperjohn. Good Luck!
Old 02-16-2005, 07:42 PM

I would go with the copper john. My archery dealer says the Trophy Ridge tends to crack, and he actually sold me the copper john which is cheaper than the trophy ridge. So I think he was being honest and sincere. Also I've had great results with my copper john. The afterburner light makes the pins and level glow like nothing else.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:37 AM

Copper John all the way. Before you lay $60 on a new one at Basspro check out Ebay. I've seen new ones go for much less.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:58 AM

Personally I like the cobra sidewinder, they seem to be well made and are brighter than the other two sights you asked about.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I'd take the Copper John hands down as this is my first choice for sites as they are very sturdy,bright and the price wont break the bank at $110 bucks.I think you are getting more site for the money,compaired to alot of other high dollar brands.
The Cobra Sidewinder is also a very well built site as well.
They are all good brands or the company wont be in business very long.Take a look at all these but dont let us sell one to you,go pick the "BRAND" you want.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:10 AM

Copper John. All brushed alluminum pin guard really lasts.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:47 PM

copper john is coming out with some new adj to there sight line in april.micro adj. and a smaller pin housing.toxonics has got some great new sights out also
Old 02-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can get copper johns dirt cheap at 3dshoots.com I purchased a deadnuts pro 3 for 75.00
Old 02-19-2005, 08:06 AM

NEITHER>......USE HHA

Quick Reply: Copper John, Trophy Ridge, or Cobra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.