Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need a release

Old 02-15-2005, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need a release

I need to buy a release. I have been playing around with a cheap one a friend lent me and I realize I need one with a quality adjustable trigger. Reason is I want to turn up the poundage which I realize is the opposite of what many do. My reasoning is that the hair triggers in a cold environment where you have to wear gloves, or bear hunting where the mosquitos eat you alive gloves are a necessity. What is a good release that I can tune to what I like and work well even when wearing gloves?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:36 AM

Default RE: Need a release

I shoot a tru ball Hunter two as well as a Tru Ball Tormado both of which I shoot while wearing gloves. IMO the gloved you wear may be as important as the release you shoot. I wear fitted scent blocker gloves. Not because I want the "scent blocker" which isn't a bad idea to have on your hand so you don't leave sent on everything you touch but because they are a tight fitting glove and I still can feel the trigger in my finger. Most Tru Ball releases have adjustable triggers so if you want to adjust your tension it isn't a problem. Don't be scared by the $50.00 price tag to a good release. Consider it an investment and buy on you be happy with for years.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

Try the Little Bitty Goose made by Scott Archery. It is an AWESOME release. You can adjust the trigger however you want it. It runs around $59.95
Old 02-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can adjust the trigger however you want it
Do you mean by that that I can increase the pull needed to trigger it? I have all my rifles set for 2 lbs which is as light as I would want it.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:37 PM

i got a cobra and its great
Old 02-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

TerryM -
Yes I do mean you can adjust the trigger or the pull. It is an awesome release. I told you the wrong model though by mistake. The one that I shoot is the Little Goose not the Little Bitty Goose. Although all of the scott releases are adjustable. I also shoot my high powered rifles at 2 lbs. Try there Website scottarchery.com, it gives a lot of info on all the different adjustments you can make with the trigger. Click on Little Goose then Tech info. It should give you all the info you need. I hope this helps you!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the Tru Ball cyclone release. You pull the trigger to open the jaws and let up to close them. You can also adjust the trigger sensitivity adjust the length, and much more. I really think this is the release to buy. The first link is the link to the cyclone and the 2nd is the link to tru ball.

http://www.truball.com/Pages/3cyclone.html

www.truball.com
Old 02-15-2005, 07:27 PM

little goose for me
Old 02-16-2005, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Very happy w/ my new Tru-Fire Hurricane release (buckle).
Old 02-16-2005, 01:01 PM

I have the Tru Fire Hurricane HOT - really like it.

Quick Reply: Need a release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.