Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Who makes the besthunting sight? >

Who makes the besthunting sight?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Who makes the besthunting sight?

Old 02-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Who makes the besthunting sight?

Who makes the best all around hunting sight out there? Thanks for any remarks. Please be specific on what Model
Old 02-10-2005, 01:58 PM

Default RE: Who makes the besthunting sight?

Spot-Hogg! Any model. They are all aluminum, no plastic.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Copper John Dead Nuts-----best quality for the price---all alluminum as well ,and bright
Old 02-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll second the Spot Hogg. Unbelievable quality and the best built sight on the market.

For a lot less money, the Copper Johns are an excellent choice as well. There seems to be a lot of good hunting sights these days though. But IMO, if you want the absolute best, go with a Spot Hogg
Old 02-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Spott Hogg Real Deal as well and although it's a very solid sight ,I prefer the Impact Archery Cosmic for hunting ,it's a single pin that's as bright as your gonna find on the market today .I wasn't struck on the Spott Hogg for hunting because I feel the pin's just don't hold the light very well and found myself leaving my stand 20 minute's early in the evening's .You can buy a light for the Spott Hogg but why spend another 24.00 when the Impact Archery Cosmic can be bought off of e-bay for 35.00 or 40.00 total. and that's only a third of the price of a Spott Hogg.

nubo
Old 02-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here we go again. I agree with those who say "all metal", especially for hunting. I also like something that is very bright, micro-adjustable for windage. For me that meant the HHA OL-5000. I set it for 25 yards for hunting, but have the ability to move it for 3D and long range practice. Another advantage is a single pin. It keeps the sight picture uncluttered and I can't pick the wrong pin.

I do like my Spot-Hogg Real Deal for 3D, but it just isn't bright enough for my old eyes for hunting. Yeh, I know I can put a light kit on it. I do have it on. But I don't need to be turning lights on and off, or replacing batteries any more often than necessary. And you need to price those batteries. Almost $3 each at Radio Shack (the sight holds 3).
Old 02-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: extreme1

Copper John Dead Nuts-----best quality for the price---all alluminum as well ,and bright
I vote for the copper john to. I love my copper john. I like the cup they make that no other sight company makes. It has spring loaded henges. That way when you are walking you keep it shut so twigs and stuff wont hit your pins and break them. Then, when you come up on your game you easily open it with spring loaded henges and shoot you animal. I also like the light. You can get a light for most sights but it is a nice thing to have for when you are shooting indoors and in dark areas. I think both Copper John and Spot Hogg make the 2 best hunting sights. I perfer copper John firs though.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

COPPER JOHN
Old 02-12-2005, 05:43 PM

I have to agree with the others. Copper John makes a very nice sight at a reasonable price. I also like the afterburner light that can be used at dawn and dusk.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

check out vital bow gears sights!

Quick Reply: Who makes the besthunting sight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.