Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 THATS IT! I'M THROUGH WITH IT! >

THATS IT! I'M THROUGH WITH IT!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

THATS IT! I'M THROUGH WITH IT!

Old 02-08-2005, 09:18 AM

Default THATS IT! I'M THROUGH WITH IT!

Well, let me just tell ya what happened to me last night.I was out shooting my bow. I was shooting into block(I havent had a chance to go & buy a new target since my block is shot up after only 3 mths of shooting into it). I have one or two small areas that still are relatively intact, so I use those areas. I had my block set up in front of my metal building, approx. 4 feet from it. I know thats not a good place to put it, but my yard is small & thats the only place I have. So, I nocked an arrow with a crimson raptor broadhead on it. I shot my bow then I heard POW!. It sounded like a .22 going off. Well I knew what happened. My arrow went through my block (mind you I'm shooting @ a distance of 20 yards) and then went through my building. Sure enough when I looked behing my target, all I saw was a hole in my building. Well, thats not the end. I went inside my building to get my arrow, and when I got inside I saw the REAL damage. After entering my building my arrow hit the side of my $70.00 trolling motor battery. The broadhead was buried inside my battery & battery acid was spilling on my floor. AHHHHHH! Well thats just my luck. But anyway I guess it could have been worse. Anyway, I am through with my block. Thanks for listening, just needed to vent.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: THATS IT! I'M THROUGH WITH IT!

Anything will get destroyed if you continually shoot broadheads at it... I don't care what it is.

The Yellow Jacket holds up much better if you're only going to be shooting broadheads at it.. and the Rhinehart holds up even longer yet.

I personally don't practice much w/ my broadheads... I'll shoot my broadheads jut enough to make sure they're hitting where they should. I shoot mainly w/ field/target points since broadheads are meant for shooting at animals and not targets..
Old 02-08-2005, 10:33 AM

You are correct about the broadheads, but I've only shot broadheads in it about 20-30 times, the rest have been field tips and its still tearing up.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: savedbygrace

You are correct about the broadheads, but I've only shot broadheads in it about 20-30 times, the rest have been field tips and its still tearing up.
20-30 shots with a broadhead and its already passing through? Are you serious? I thought they were top of the line targets?

Not sure about others but for what its worth, I shot at least double that in broadheads, and a ton of field tips into my Cube and I'm still not passing through (close but not yet).....
Old 02-08-2005, 11:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm afraid if it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck by the sound's of it ,I have the hole and it's shot up pretty good to ,but I'm not shooting broadhead's at it any more until I get a new target . I only shoot broadhead's when I'm getting setup for a hunting trip the rest of the season it's fieldpoints ,but even fieldpoint's can do serious damage as well .

nubo
Old 02-09-2005, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let's face it, the Block/Hole targets are JUNK! I think the only reason people (like me) buy them is because they are endorsed by so many wel know people. Why do they endorse them???? Simple - when theirs get all torn up after 100 shots, they call and get a new one free. Heck, if I could do that I would say theya re great, as well.

As I have posted before, mine had pas thrus after less that 200 shots and prbably half were field tips. I have the yellow jacket now and have been pleased (but i want to wait another year or so to give a full endorsement - I liked my Hole after 1 year also).
Old 02-10-2005, 07:17 AM

I have the block. I have thousands of shots into mine and mine is holding up great. I have not had a passthrough yet.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:13 PM

You do not have a suitable backstop to be shooting field points much less broadheads. If you live in a residetial area find a safe place to shoot. You got lucky it hit the battery and not a neighbor. Use your noggin.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:57 PM

I've had the Black Hole for a week. Already have pieces of the foam all over the yard.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

I have the block and too have arrows sticking out the back with only 200 or so shots. i was thinking of putting a ratchet strap on it to try and tighten the layers. has anyone had any luck doing this to prevent the arrows from going through?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.