Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

help with accessories

Old 01-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default help with accessories

i just got a v-tec but am not so sure on the accessories. I am thinking Easton St. axis arrows, MZE zero effect for a rest or the drop zone, Trophy ridge sights, Nap crossfire BH's, and the tr xchanger stabilizer. Anyone tried any of these or have any suggestions.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: help with accessories

Well, I like the MZE rest. Plastic on a sight is definitely a NO-NO. Take a look at HHA Optimizers if you want an almost indestructible, bright sight. Cheaper ulternative might be the Cobra Sidewinder series. Axis arrows might be OK, but check the straightness of YOUR dozen before you cut them. I've seen some that were downright terrible.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have personal experience, but I can't recall hearing many negative comments about the MZE. I'm NOT a big fan of the Trophy Ridge sights. Take a look at the Vital Bow Gear line as well as the HHA and Sniper sights; Copper John would be anther good one. I'm very leary of the Axis arrows. I have heard and seen problems with them. The new Easton A/C Super Slim would definitely be worth a look (if you can find them). Without a doubt go with a Stealth stabilizer. Any NAP broad head would be a good choice, but if you're planning on shooting the really small diameter carbons the Triton or Crossfire would probably be my first choices.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

well ive heard so many good things about the stealths that i think i am going to get an 8 inch one. can you get them in camo or no?
Old 01-28-2005, 06:06 PM

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone is a fantastic rest, but I would stay clear of their sights. I have had multiple problems with their sights. I have the Red Hawk peep which I really like. Alan in WI
Old 01-29-2005, 01:45 PM

Look at the new 2005 Toxonic Hunting Sights. they have the wrapped fiber optic cable for brightness like HHA and the cobra sidewinder, they have a toolless model, and they have a model that has a lense.I am buying one!