Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 COPPER JOHN DEAD NUTS SIGHT >

COPPER JOHN DEAD NUTS SIGHT

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

COPPER JOHN DEAD NUTS SIGHT

Old 01-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default COPPER JOHN DEAD NUTS SIGHT

I am looking at purchasing one of these sights, the local Scheels has them on sale for $20 off. Any way my concern is the pins, they seem like they can be easily bent. I'm not talking bent by normal shooting but by getting snaged on twigs while walking in the woods. I know they make a cover that goes over the sight for this reason but don't want that. I am usually pretty carefull while walking in the woods to not catch any twigs, but it does happen. Does anyone have any input, I don't want to wait too long as they maybe all gone soon. Also I noticed that on the upper end sights that most of them have a level on the pin guard, what is the purpose of this? I've never had a sight with one. Thanks in advance for the input.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:17 AM

Default RE: COPPER JOHN DEAD NUTS SIGHT

The level is to help you eliminate hand torque before the shot. At least that is what I use it for. As far as the pins catching on brush..I've personally never had it happen but I am careful when I walk through the woods with my bow.

IMO you should jump on that $20 off sale...Copper John has some great sights.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:53 PM

I will second that Take it if you can get that much off. I had one on my old bow amd liked it so much it is the only thing left from my last set up.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted with them all last season without any problems. Infact my pull rope hook broke and my bow fell about 18'. I took it home and everything was fine, including the sight and pins.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a Copper John for about a year now and I love it! I think im going to get the cup for it just to be on the safe side.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the deadnuts pro 3 and love it. I also shoot the ANTS sight and love it as well. Copper John has some great products.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have the dead nuts and I love it... I also got the CUP this year, basicly for the hell of it... I like it... Copper John is a great company...
Old 01-26-2005, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the input. I went with the Copper John Dead Nuts Hunter 3 pin. When I went back the Scheels they were out of the left hand model, so I went to The Sportsmans Warehouse and they ordered a L/H model for the same price as Scheels sale price. Now that's what I call Customer Service.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:37 AM

i replyed to a psot on heer today about the sight light and ill say the same here. ih ave the pro111 sight and i luv it. i recommend getting the sight cups. i try and be careful walking and i walk through thick brush and thee is always vines or something on my sight or bow. it would suck to get out there get up in your stand and look down to see some pins broke, if it was my luck the top 2 would be broke. i also recommend the sight light. i luv mine and wont replace it again. i had it down between it and the spot hog but at the time they didnt make a sight cup youd say at that time. but i still would have prob went with the copper john. just my two cents
Old 01-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have a couple copperjohn sights on my bows and was thinking of trying the cup. How does it go on the sight, and does it cause any noise when you shoot? It seems it would sort of flop around a little on release. Thanks, and aim for the boiler room. Bhunter32.

Quick Reply: COPPER JOHN DEAD NUTS SIGHT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.