Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

drop away rests?

Old 01-19-2005, 08:02 PM

Default drop away rests?

what is the deal with drop away rests? how do they work and are they better than traditional rests and one more question is the whisker biskit a good rest?

thanks caleb
Old 01-20-2005, 04:26 PM
rmw

Default RE: drop away rests?

A properly set up drop away has 100% fletch clearance , and some believe reduces the effect of torquing the grip . I used to shoot a superdoodle and now i have the MZE and am not looking to go back
Old 01-20-2005, 06:37 PM

The only bad thing I have heard about the whisker biskit is that in cold wet weather the brushes get stiff. I don't really know from first hand knowledge, as I use a standard quick tune rest. I have heard raves about the Trophy Ridge fallaway rest, and I am thinking of switching myself.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:14 PM

Properly set up the drop away rests work great. The APA twister is a great drop away with the containment feature like the bisquit.

Old 01-21-2005, 11:49 AM

Drop Aways have been around in some form for a long time. Barner made one of the first pratical versions in the early 90's. The main advatage to a fall away in my opinion is with carbon arrows & helical fletch. When the launcher drops you get clean arrow flight & no fletching contact. I personally have never noticed any change in how I group with a conventional rest & a fall away. My main use for a fall away is for hunting. This is where this style of rest really shines in my opinion. It just makes it much easier to get good flight with fixed blade broadheads.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been using a drop away for 5 season's now .First the Trophy Taker and now the Muzzy Zero Effect ,the zero Effect is the best I've ever used ,easy installation and work's flawlessly every time even in the winter month's .I have had no freeze up's that some on this forum have said would happen ,nor have I had freeze up's on the Trophy Taker either .A properly installed drop away is a big plus .

nubo
Old 01-21-2005, 09:28 PM

thanks i will probably buy one
Old 01-21-2005, 10:39 PM

Take a look at Schaffers in my humble opinion the best fall away rest out there
Old 01-22-2005, 07:19 AM

I have had no freeze up's that some on this forum have said would happen ,nor have I had freeze up's on the Trophy Taker either .A properly installed drop away is a big plus .
That's saying something, seeing how you are from Canada!
Old 01-22-2005, 08:14 PM

I use a vital gear dropaway and it works perfect it also holds my arrow in place till its drawn back 3/4 of the way back so it don't slip of the rest

Quick Reply: drop away rests?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.