Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

new bow

Old 01-10-2005, 07:44 PM

Default new bow

my birthday is comeing up and i am looking for a new bow. but i don't know what kind to be looking at. so i was hopeing someone could help me out.
this is what i am looking for:
smooth draw
75%+ let off
pretty fast
around $400- 500 "bow only"

what do you guys think any bows out there the fit my needs? i don't mind spending more for the bow if it will make a lot of difference but that is what i am hopeing to get the bow for

thanks!
Old 01-10-2005, 08:06 PM

Default RE: new bow

what do you guys think about the bowtech tomcat? any good
Old 01-11-2005, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

If your sure BowTech is what your looking for Archery Expert's has the 04 Patriot on sale $549.00 . There is a post on the Technical forum right now about it so check it out.
But there are alot of choice's out ther that will suit your need's .I highly reccommend that you check with your local bowshop's and see what they have .They can fit your bow to your need's and give you the best advice to help you along. Where you won't get that kind of advice from a buy over the internet sale.P.S.E. ,Hoyt Mathew's BowTech Kodiak and the list goes on .Find the bow that feel's good for you and pick a couple of model's from each company and shoot them all ,go with your gut feeling .I shoot BowTech ,but for me to tell you that BowTech is for you would be wrong ,because you might not like the feel or the draw or maybe even the look .
Try your proshop they might have some slightly used bow's that you can pick up cheap ,but again make it your choice not the pro's or not what you read from us on this forum because every bow feel's different to to each of us. This is the best advice that I can give you.

nubo
Old 01-11-2005, 02:21 PM

Good luck with whatever you decide but I would agree with nubo shoot as many as you can in your price range make your own decisions. Keep an open mind to all companies not just what you read on these posts. We in the archery community tend to think our bow is the best and all the others are junk. I guarantee if you shoot as many different bows as you can you will find the one that's best for YOU not what someone else thinks is the best. Good luck and let us know what you decided to purchase.