Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Easton ST axis

Old 01-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default Easton ST axis

i am getting a new hoyt vtec for my birthday and these are the arrows i have my eye on. anyone here use them and if so how are they.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:18 AM

Default RE: Easton ST axis

I have used them for about 7 or 8 months and have been happy with them. A first I found they could be frustrating with certain broadheads & getting them to line up good. I found that you had to have the hsaft perfectly squared to get broadhead alignment. I plan on shooting the Axis again this year but I am going to purchase a Arrow Squaring Device made by G5 Outdoors to make this process a little easier. This tool should be perfect for the HIT Insert being used by Easton & Beman in 2005.

I also use a very hard helical & a fallaway rest with the Axis shaft. This setup perfroms great and yields very good accuracy. I have also found that the shaft is very durable and takes a good amount of punishment. This shaft really seems to be either a shaft you really like or really hate! I like the small diameter teamed up wih the X Nock ( I like small nocks better than larger nocks) and am really happy with the way the shafts shoot at 40 yards in a crosswind.

I have shot this shaft with a large range of broadheads & have found that they shoot great & perform great on deer. I really like the combination of the Axis with the Ti-100 & Ironhead 125 for most of my shooting. Once I learned some of the fine details of the Axis I really started to like them better than I did at first.