Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
high country four runner >

high country four runner

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

high country four runner

Old 08-31-2002, 08:45 AM

Default high country four runner

Has anybody had exprience with this bow. Would apreciate good or bad, thinking on purchasing one.
Thanks soonerbred
Old 08-31-2002, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: high country four runner

soonerbred, welcome to the board! I have a four runner with the machined riser. I think mine is a 1999 model. Mine has the mx1 single cam. The bow is very fast, and set up in hunting trim, it is quiet enough to hunt with. Just my opinion here, but this bow is better suited for archers with alot of quality practice under their belts. It is very fast, but not overly forgiving. I tried mine @ 5 grains per lb. for 3-d shooting, and was less than pleased with it. But when I shot heavier arrows for hunting, I found it quite manageable. Just as a reference, my bow @ 28 7/8" draw length, pulling 68 lbs., shooting a 370 grain arrow, was going through the chrono @ 301fps.
So I guess I am saying that if you are a seasoned shooter with good form, this bow would be just fine for you.

NRA,UBP,BASS Member
New Stanton,PA
Old 08-31-2002, 07:55 PM

Hey thanks big country, I leaved in Meadville,PA for a short time and did a lot of shooting 3d with guys I worked with. (Married a Ohio girl) I curently have a Martin that I've had for quite a while and ready for a change. Is there much diferance between the carbon riser and the aluminum one.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

soonerbred, as far as I know the only difference is the mass weight. All string lengths are the same, and speed ratings are the same. I know quite a few of those boys from up around meadville and new castle area. There are some of the best 3-d shooters in the country up that way.

NRA,UBP,BASS Member
New Stanton,PA
Old 09-02-2002, 09:12 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Has anybody had exprience with this bow. Would apreciate good or bad, thinking on purchasing one.
Thanks soonerbred
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>I have 2001 4 runner and it is bad about wearing string.Sent it back to High Country claimed that it was fixed,sent back again still same problem.I know several guys with same problem!The bow shoots very smooth to me I guess that is why I haven't traded it in!
Old 09-04-2002, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a new one about 2 or 3 months ago. It shoots smoothe and fast for me. In my experience so far, it's a great bow and well worth the money.

My mind belongs to my work...
My heart belongs to my family...

But my soul...belongs to the woods.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>28 7/8&quot; draw length, pulling 68 lbs., shooting a 370 grain arrow, was going through the chrono @ 301fps <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

WOW!! Now that pretty impressive. A full inch and an 1/8th under IB0 specs(roughly 12 fps), two pounds under IBO specs(4 fps), and 20 grains over IBO specs(5 fps). Now those are rough calculations but that is one fast bow you got. Especially considering the IBO on the 4 Runner with the MX1 is 318 fps. What all do you have on the sting?

Protect your hunting rights, &quot;Spay or neuter a liberal.&quot;
Old 09-04-2002, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

silent, I have the same thing on the string of that bow as I have on all of my bows. A tied in nockset with an eliminator button, and a fletcher superpeep. This bow is not a freak, I have set up several four runners for guys that perform every bit as well once you take into account the different draw lengths, and grains per lb.

NRA,UBP,BASS Member
New Stanton,PA
Old 09-15-2002, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Sooner,
If you have been shooting for a while the Four Runner is a great bow. My last three have been High Country and next years will be the carbon riser model four runner. The differance is in vibration dampening.The carbon absorbs a lot more than the alu. can and weighs much less.
SF

Old 09-22-2002, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

I have the carbon 4 runner extreme. One other difference I really like about it is the fact that my hand dont get cold holding on to it. The carbon acts as an insulator. The bow is light and quiet, no regrets with it at all.

Quick Reply: high country four runner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.