Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lone Wolf hang-on stand

Old 12-31-2004, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lone Wolf hang-on stand

I just spend my bow season hunting out of a Lone Wolf hanger. I gotta tell you, it's a nice stand.
I hunted out of an API for about 10 years. This stand is a big cut above that one. I mostly hunt public land so I generally have to carry it in, put it up, and take it down, a lot. With the strap-on hanging hook, it's extremely quick and quiet to put up and take down. On one occasion, I had just gotten it up on a morning hunt. I had just got settled and a doe popped up out of the weeds 40 yd. away. It had been raining earlier. She shook herself off, stretched, preened, and dropped right back down. She never knew I was there.
It's absolutely silent when you're in it. I can move my feet with deer in range and not have them hear me. I couldn't do that with the API.
The one drawback is the length of the straps. It only fits on trees 19" or smaller. It does limit the size of the trees you can hunt out of.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lone Wolf hang-on stand

I agree with ya, the LW hang-on is a GREAT stand! Very comfortable, quiet, and rock solid! I just wish they were a little cheaper? I do love mine and a few of the hanging hook systems really make sneaking around to mulitiple set ups easy!
Old 01-01-2005, 11:33 AM

i love mine too....i purchased another stick this year to get higher...i roll with 4 stick and a few straps. i have left the hook hanging in tree for a season and no one took them i guess if they see it they are like, "what the heck is dat". i love the system, and i think it's worth the money. i would like to see it make in a arker shade of brown though. i think the current color sticks out.

i was hunting with a buddy this year and on one hunt he told me to leave the sticks and stand up until the next morning....R U NUTZ. that is the reason i purchased it....to take it out everytime. he is nuts
Old 01-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

I could be wrong, but I believe you can get longer straps from LW. I, myself, have found no problem with the length of the strap "as is". Great stand. We do, however, always use a ratchet on the bottom of the stand....as we do with all of our treestands.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

It'd be great if I could get a longer strap. Do you have to special order? I guess I assumed any replacement would match the original.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Spike

The original straps go on a 22 inch tree but you can get a extension that justs loops thru the old one , I believe its 3ft long.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

Wingbone, just call Lone Wolf and ask them about the extension straps. Not sure what they cost, but sounds like they're what your're looking for.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, I'll check into it.