Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews Switchback!

Old 12-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mathews Switchback!

Well, my wife and I agreed to only spend a little on each other for christmas this year. My wife knew I wanted a new bow, so she being very smart, went to our local Mathews dealer and put a left handed Switchback on layaway for me. I am very excited and its my best christmas present. Of course I still have to pay it off, but the left handed Switchback's are not even out yet. So I have a few months to pay for it once they ship here into the local shop! I know that it's recomended to shoot a bow before buying and putting your money down. But I have shot my brothers Legacy and I have shot the Outback so I am 99% sure that I will love the new Mathews Switchback! I will let everyone know when its here, and will report on how it shoots. One cool thing about this shop is once they have the bow in is they will let me accesorize it and shoot it in their indoor range while still being paid for on layaway. I hope it comes in soon!
Old 12-29-2004, 12:27 PM

Default RE: Mathews Switchback!

They call it the Switchback because you will want to switch back to a Bowtech!
Old 12-29-2004, 07:44 PM

The Mathews Switchback will be a hot seller this year. I really like the design of the bow & I am glad they finally innovated on the Icons Concentric cam....or itappears the Cobra cam is a vastly improved version.

I am sure you will really like the bow, I have not seen many Mathews that did not shoot good!
Old 01-02-2005, 08:02 AM
c j
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: zak123

They call it the Switchback because you will want to switch back to a Bowtech!

LMAO!!!

My buddy just bought one a few days ago. He wanted to buy from his local archery shop and they don't sell BowTech, so he was 'limited' to Hoyt or Mathews for an 'upper end' bow. He tested out a new Switchback, along with one of the employee's Outbacks, another guy's new Vtec, and my Liberty. He liked the Vtec (I didn't) but said the Mathews bows both felt better. The Switchback was pretty bare-bones, whereas the others were all completely set up (stabilizers, LimbSavers, etc.) but it held its own just fine. I think he was sold on the Switchback after about shot #2.

He did admit afterward that the Liberty was still the smoothest, though!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the right handed Switchback last night for the first time and its sweet! I am left handed but in the past I have learned to shoot right handed as well. I just am better, more accurate with my left. But anyway I love the bow, very, very smooth. I can't wait until the left handed bows are here.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

I went to my local bowshop earlier this week to buy a belated Christmas gift for myself...and I had my mind set on a Bowtech. I didn't even know the "Switchback" existed....had never heard of it. They had just gotten one in, so I figured what the heck. The set it up, along with a couple of different Bowtechs (Justice and the new 2-cam model...can't remember the name). I shot the Bowtechs first - sweet! Then I shot the Switchback - SWEEEEEEEET!!!
Yep...the Switchback made the trip home with me.
I've shot Martins, Bowtechs, and yes, Mathews in the past....but NOTHING has ever felt as smooth and quiet as the Switchback.
To each his own....but for my money, nothing beats the Switchback!
Cheers!
Old 01-21-2005, 10:52 PM

Congratulations on your new bow I know you will love it. I love mine SB 28" 70#
Old 03-06-2005, 06:11 PM

i just bought a switchback and love it
i shot a 400 grain easton axis arow with a 100 gran tip and a 29 inch draw
the bow shoots around 251 fps but i heard another guy say that he just got a switchback who shhot a 350 grain arrow and pulls 70 lbs (me 71) and eh claims to be around 301 with a 29 inch darw too.
do this sound like a faulty meter or are my 50 grain heavier arows 50 fps slower?
what gives?
Old 03-06-2005, 06:29 PM

you dont switchback from smoothness
Old 03-06-2005, 06:37 PM

It sounds like you shop at a very great pro shop!Unfortunately just shooting the same make bow does not guarantee the bow you ordered will be all tht you expect To many variables

Quick Reply: Mathews Switchback!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.