Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Recommend a Tree Stand

Old 08-27-2002, 06:23 PM

Default Recommend a Tree Stand

Hey there all. I would like a recommendation for a climbing tree stand. I am not a small fellow, 6'3" 290lbs (naked). Weight limit isn't really too much of a problem, a lot I've seen are rated for 300lbs, and I'm sure they post the limit a bit lower than what it really is. The problems I'm having are:

1) finding a tree stand that is light enough, and compact enough, to be truly portable, but still having the needed weight capacity.

2) finding a tree stand that, while meeting the above requirements, provides enough room for my 6'3" frame to be comfortable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I'll take good luck over skill any day!
Old 08-27-2002, 07:46 PM

Default RE: Recommend a Tree Stand

I like summits, I have been happy with them over the years/
Old 08-27-2002, 09:00 PM

I have a Summit Viper rated for 275 lb.. It will satisfy all your needs. I'm 6'2" @ 215 lbs. You may want to try the Summit Goliath rated at 300 lb and a little wider around the seat.....You can't go wrong with a Summit.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

The two most popular stands on this site over the last two years have been the Ol'man line and the Summit line.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 08-27-2002, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should check into the Summit Goliath....according to Summits website it is rated at 350 lbs....the rest of the Summit climbers are rated at 300 lbs.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:20 AM

I took the summet and the API and the Old man out back of an archery shop and used them on a telephone pole. I bought the old man, the net seat is comfortable, the stand is light,carries well and flat and the best thing was it was very quiet to put on the tree and climb. Just my .02 cents from my comparison test.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:35 PM

Can't go wrong with a Summit.I have a Viper,it's a great stand,lightweight,and very comfortable.I am a large person also.
Good luck this season.

Joe
Old 09-10-2002, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

If ya want lightness in the equation then you'll have to look at the Timbertall lineup at Timbertalloutdoors.com. I don't think they have one that even gets up to 20 lbs.

Old 09-11-2002, 01:07 AM

API babygrand is great. Im bigger than you and the big seat and alluminum frame holds up great!
Old 09-11-2002, 10:28 PM
Fork Horn

If you want it truly portable and not a tank on your back try Lone Wolf http://www.lonewolfstands.com/. My Lone Wolf Alpha is 15.5lbs and three inches deep on my back. It's rated at 300lbs and the base is the same size as most other climber stands. If you want to find it cheap try http://www.autumnchaseonline.com/
Summit and API are great stands but I cant take having them on my back for any length and I tend to trek deep now and then. The Lone wolf has been great. Easy to set up and very light and quiet. Good Luck

Cargo

Quick Reply: Recommend a Tree Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.