Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

mbg trap door

Old 08-08-2002, 12:07 AM

Default mbg trap door

I am considering purchasing a drop away arrow rest and was wonderig if anyone had any experience with the MBG Trap Door. I have seen alot of posts regarding the MZE but none on the Trap Door.

Thank You
Old 08-08-2002, 01:12 AM

Default RE: mbg trap door

I have heard that they have there promblems and have heard good things about Muzzy and Trophy Taker. I shoot Trophy taker and like it.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will second what big dd said both fine rest my favorite is the muzzy its on all my bows . The trophy taker is a fine rest especialy for target and they have been having problems with the trap door . If you want an inertia type rest here is one for have the price of the trap door and its wooking well .

http://www.hhasports.com/Rests/optdart.htm

If information provided by the members of this board have helped you please let us know .
Old 08-08-2002, 08:31 AM

This question also came up in the technical forum. What I said there is that I have the Trap Door, it has worked very reliably for me, but for hunting use - well, I have ordered a Muzzy to try that. When I do something stupid like accidently hit my bow against something while drawn I have had the rest drop on me. I don't want to think about such things while hunting. Maybe for people more skilled than I am it would suit for hunting too, but for me it is for target and casual shooting.

As far as the Muzzy ZE goes, my objections were based on philosophy and looks, but I broke down after reading all the good things people had to say. After I ordered one I noticed on another forum that people had difficulties with the slide - it promoted cable wear. This has apparently been fixed in the latest shipping models.
Old 08-09-2002, 08:05 PM

I used the Trapdoor last year and it work very well for me. I bought a Trophy Taker this year and even though it shoots very good I just don't like the string going to my cable and the fact that the arrow lies on the shelf until full draw. I switched back to the Trapdoor and it still works great. It is a little bit noisey but not to bad. The troubles that they were having with the Trapdoor was with the original ones and have since been fixed. I hear great things about the Muzzy but I don't personally like the looks of it. Not a good reason not to use one but maybe someday I'll break down and get one to try.