Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Easton vs. Carbon Express????? >

Easton vs. Carbon Express?????

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Easton vs. Carbon Express?????

Old 12-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Easton vs. Carbon Express?????

OK... I was wondering peoples opinions on Easton Carbons vs Carbon Express'... I ask because if you watch the Carbon Ex comercial comparing thier aprrows to the competitions, you'll see they show 3 others, one of which is Easton... But you'll notice it is an Easton aluminum!!!! Not a carbon arrow... I've always thought Easton was far supperior anyway, but this pretty much puts it away... What do you guys think???
Old 12-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Easton vs. Carbon Express?????

Personally I prefere the carbon express line over the eastons anyday.I have used the easton evolutions,epics,and lightspeeds and was pretty happy with them intill i tried the carbon express CX300.WOW what a nice arrow----.003 straightness vs the eastons .006(all easton carbons have a straightness factor of .006 except the ACC line)I also found the CX is stronger and can take more abuse.I seen the video and its true.Dont know why they would use a easton alluminum though.The cost is a little more for the carbon express but I trulely think its worth it.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

IMO the Carbon Express arrows beat Easton/ Beman hands down.

They seem to be more durable and the tolerances are much better than Eastons/ Beman. They also have a wider range of shaft weights than Easton/ Beman.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:54 PM

Have you tried gold tip arrows, they get a lot of good reports.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Well currently I am using Carbon Express CX300's and I am not impressed... My Superslams flew much better... I guess I will buy a few other types and try them out...
Old 12-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Did you adjust your rest and/ or nock when you changed shafts? Are they spined correctly for your set up. There are a few adjustments that need to be made when you switch shafts like that.

They should fly great for you. The CX has been one of the best flying shafts I have tried.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, I totally re-alligned everything... Like I was starting over with new everything... I still need to tweak it a little i think... Thier not bad, but not what I've heard they are and not what I was hopin for... At least for me and my settup I guess... We'll see what the future holds...
Old 12-05-2004, 09:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

O.K. just wanted to check.

Sometimes bows are just like rifles. Some just don't like a particular shaft no matter what you do. My bow won't shoot a Beman no matter what I do to it but it loves Carbon Express shafts, CX's and Terminator selects both.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:59 PM

I have used Bemans, CX, and Easton. The CX was a great shaft but I did expereince the fibers seperating from the shafts when I reflectched them & some even did it over time from shooting. For the price I paid this made me mad & I went back to Eastons & Bemans...both of which have been proven to be very durable for me.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

I'm sorry, I know many of you have had great luck with Korean Express arrows, but there are so many stories of them breaking, splitting, cracking, and fibers separating... I going to Easton ACC's... They are by far the best arrows out there... IMO... The best of both worlds... Plus they are barely heavier than pure carbons... I think that is the problem with CX.. They are light, but the downside to that is they are weaker and prone to breaking etc...

Quick Reply: Easton vs. Carbon Express?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.