HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Easton vs. Carbon Express????? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/81472-easton-vs-carbon-express.html)

XArmy55 12-04-2004 10:04 PM

Easton vs. Carbon Express?????

OK... I was wondering peoples opinions on Easton Carbons vs Carbon Express'... I ask because if you watch the Carbon Ex comercial comparing thier aprrows to the competitions, you'll see they show 3 others, one of which is Easton... But you'll notice it is an Easton aluminum!!!! Not a carbon arrow... I've always thought Easton was far supperior anyway, but this pretty much puts it away... What do you guys think???

extreme1 12-05-2004 09:53 AM

RE: Easton vs. Carbon Express?????

Personally I prefere the carbon express line over the eastons anyday.I have used the easton evolutions,epics,and lightspeeds and was pretty happy with them intill i tried the carbon express CX300.WOW what a nice arrow----.003 straightness vs the eastons .006(all easton carbons have a straightness factor of .006 except the ACC line)I also found the CX is stronger and can take more abuse.I seen the video and its true.Dont know why they would use a easton alluminum though.The cost is a little more for the carbon express but I trulely think its worth it.

bigbulls 12-05-2004 05:20 PM

IMO the Carbon Express arrows beat Easton/ Beman hands down.

They seem to be more durable and the tolerances are much better than Eastons/ Beman. They also have a wider range of shaft weights than Easton/ Beman.

forkhorn04 12-05-2004 05:54 PM

Have you tried gold tip arrows, they get a lot of good reports.

XArmy55 12-05-2004 06:58 PM

Well currently I am using Carbon Express CX300's and I am not impressed... My Superslams flew much better... I guess I will buy a few other types and try them out...

bigbulls 12-05-2004 07:02 PM

Did you adjust your rest and/ or nock when you changed shafts? Are they spined correctly for your set up. There are a few adjustments that need to be made when you switch shafts like that.

They should fly great for you. The CX has been one of the best flying shafts I have tried.

XArmy55 12-05-2004 09:29 PM

Yes, I totally re-alligned everything... Like I was starting over with new everything... I still need to tweak it a little i think... Thier not bad, but not what I've heard they are and not what I was hopin for... At least for me and my settup I guess... We'll see what the future holds...

bigbulls 12-05-2004 09:46 PM

O.K. just wanted to check.

Sometimes bows are just like rifles. Some just don't like a particular shaft no matter what you do. My bow won't shoot a Beman no matter what I do to it but it loves Carbon Express shafts, CX's and Terminator selects both.

Orions_Bow 12-29-2004 07:59 PM

I have used Bemans, CX, and Easton. The CX was a great shaft but I did expereince the fibers seperating from the shafts when I reflectched them & some even did it over time from shooting. For the price I paid this made me mad & I went back to Eastons & Bemans...both of which have been proven to be very durable for me.

XArmy55 12-29-2004 08:57 PM

I'm sorry, I know many of you have had great luck with Korean Express arrows, but there are so many stories of them breaking, splitting, cracking, and fibers separating... I going to Easton ACC's... They are by far the best arrows out there... IMO... The best of both worlds... Plus they are barely heavier than pure carbons... I think that is the problem with CX.. They are light, but the downside to that is they are weaker and prone to breaking etc...