Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Alpha Burly

Old 12-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Alpha Burly

Just got a pair 2 weeks ago, sure do love em'! My rockies leaked so I tried these out! Lightweight and Comfy! I also like the felty in side liner alongside the thinsulate.
Any one else have a pair?
Old 12-01-2004, 08:01 PM

Default RE: Alpha Burly

Thanks for the info I have been considering getting a pair. I am glad to here they are comfortable that helps to make my decision easier. I have a pair of the rubber rocky boots, they are just to bulky for me.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have the Sport model without insulation. Love 'em. They are all that I wore during our regular archery season..and I own 3 or 4 pair of boots. They are very lightweight, comfortable and durable. I would highly recommend the Sport model for early season hunting. Once it dipped a bit below 40 though my toes started to get a bit cold. Maybe the insulated models will be on my wishlist for Christmas.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Man...I really want a pair. I have a pair of Rocky's. They are just a little heavy and bulky. They fit kinda lousy around the ankles and feel like they bunch up although the toe is fine. Can be quite uncomfortable on long walks. Prolly get a pair for next season!

jay
Old 12-05-2004, 12:42 AM

Bought a pair last spring for turkey and early bow deer. I've been kicking myself for putting off buying them for so long. They fit like tennis shoes and have a ton of support. I was skeptical about claims of scent control using them until this year. I've had half a dozen deer feed down the trail, I walked in on, and not one of them has scented me. Now I'm thinking about a heavier insulated pair for the late season. I also like that with my pant legs tucked inside, with the adjustable calfs, I can walk through the muck or field dress a deer without trashing my pants. If you buy them make sure you go to the Bass Pro or the shop and at least try them on first as they are ankle fit and you don't want any slop in them.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

i have the alpha burly sports, love them.
im thinking about getting another pair with insulation in them for the rifle season.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:42 AM

i have a pair of rockies, and i am not a big fan of them. While i'm in the treestand, the mud between the grips dries, and falls on the leaves below.
Do the burlys have the same problem?
Old 12-17-2004, 10:31 PM

i have alpha burlys and a pair of muck boots both are great. burlys without insulation are hard to stay warm when the temp drops but my muck boot are insulated and i love both.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have the sport model and love them for early season but when the temp starts dropping I get cold fast.
I was thinking about getting the model with the thinsulate but I didn't know if they were very worm.

silbowhunter
Old 12-18-2004, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, they are great boots! I have the Sport model and the newer insulated 1000g version! I've never owned a more comfortable boot! I have had several folks tell me that they really tear up easily but mine are still in pretty decent shape considering all the overgrown pastures, mulitflora rose, briars and locust trees I walk through on a regular basis. I suspect that after next year though they will probably need replacing, considering they are worn from shed hunting to Gobbler hunting then through out half the deer season. that's alot of abuse for a rubber boot.

Quick Reply: Alpha Burly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.