Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pendulum sights

Old 06-25-2002, 11:02 AM

Default Pendulum sights

Do pendulum sights work well or are they no good, what is everyones ideas on them?

I just updated my website. Go check it out. I have big bucks, paintings, my drawings and more. Sign the guestbook while there.

www.geocities.com/mvp_bballer/

JC
Old 07-08-2002, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pendulum sights

If you normaly hunt from a tree stand then yes they are great.I have trouble judging distance so I bought one.Out to thirty yards they work.Mine is a Savage Fiber optic sight with a yellow pin.It can be tightened down for use on the ground,it works as a 20yard pin.

Hunting is not a sport,it's a lifestyle.
Old 07-14-2002, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with Fldeerman, for tree stand only hunting they are great. I have a bow set up specifically for treestand hunting using a Savage pendulum sight. It works great out to 30 yards and more, never tried it past 30, so that's as far as I'll shoot at a game animal with it. I tried it from 13 foot up and then from 23 foot up, both practice sessions proved to hit the three targets I set out each time. I placed one targets at 10,20 and 30 yards, and squared all of them. I have since shot two deer with this setup and am very confident in it. Not have to judge the exact distance and not choosing the wrong pin make it a sweet treestand choice.

Old 07-14-2002, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before you spend the money and just for kicks try this. Sight in a single pin for 25 yards. Then shoot it at 10,15,20 and 30 yards. If you have a bow shooting around 260fps or better you'll find that with this setting you can hold just about centered on a deer's chest and hit the vitals with this single pin anywhere out to about 32 yards. Try it on a 3D deer and see the results. No yardage guessing, no pivoting sight to rattle or maybe not pivot properly, etc. And with a single pin there is no way to pick the wrong one and less STUFF in the way blocking your field of view.

Old 07-15-2002, 08:47 AM

I have a Preditor IV sight and it works great for tree stand hunting. Quiet, bright, very accurate from 0-37 yards one pin no guessing. I also have a fixed pin sight for 3-D and target shooting from the ground.