Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

champion bows

Old 06-19-2002, 11:45 AM

Default champion bows

Anyone had any experience with Champion bows? Saw 'em on the internet and they had good stats, but have never actually ran into someone who owned one or had shot one.

Old 06-23-2002, 12:28 AM

Default RE: champion bows

Bowtex, I used to sell them when I worked at wholesale sports here in calgary. They are a great bow with a great warranty. I never heard anything but good about them. I have set many up for people and they always came back to say thanks and give a thumbs up to the bows performance. If your looking for smooth draw... stay away from the mustang unless you get it in 65% letoff. One thing I have to say is they need to work on their smooth drawing issues with their new line up. The hurricane is fairly smooth drawing though... I am more of a double cam fan anways so I don't like the fact that all of the companies are going single. Good luck with your search.
Dylan

>>>>--------o-->
Old 06-23-2002, 09:05 PM

thanks for the info
Old 06-26-2002, 09:46 PM

I've never shot one, but my father-in-law has shot them for the past 4-5 years. He's a big fan of Champion, but has been a little discouraged with the new Contender. He's just can't seem to get it set up right and thinks that it might be something with the limbs. Also, Troy Dickens, Cabela's/ASA Shooter of the Year for the past two years (Fixed Pins Class) shoots Champion bows...as well as several folks at a local archery club. I don't think you can beat their quality...especially at their price.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowtex, Sorry I haven't been under the gear forum in a bit or would've replied to you sooner. Look under the Bowhunting forum. A Hobbes posted one asking about the Champions, I wrote a long reply. Its a 2nd page in now.
Basically though I really like my Champion Stratus I purchased earlier this yr. I've been shooting it nearly everyday so far, and really love this bow. I did shoot, and look over several makes before I decided on the Champion. I've heard nothing but strong praise for these bows. They are a real sleeper.