Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

[Deleted]

Old 05-08-2002, 05:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-08-2002, 08:17 PM

Default RE: EZ Fletch Pro & EZ Fletch Carbon

I've been using one of the original Arizona EZ Fletchs for several years. It works great. Takes a little practice to get just the right amount of glue, and closing the arms slowly, but after that you'll be fletching arrows like crazy! Mine works well on aluminum, ACC's, and Gold Tips. Don't really know why you would need different arms for carbon unless they were really skinny ones though, 'cause the ACC's are pretty small diameter and mine works fine with them. I'd recommend it.

I AM serious... >>--->
Old 05-09-2002, 03:01 AM

I have been useing the carbon version of the EZ Fletch for years now on Carbon Express arrows. Works GREAT! You CAN replace 1 vane at a time (contrary to what SOME might tell you).
Works better with vanes than with feathers...but feathers DO wrok as well....just takes a bit more to get the feathers in the "clamps"
ALSO, they even work for Kurly or Spin Wing vanes...a construction pencil (them really flat ones) works great for marking lines for the Kurly vanes.
For the price....HARD to beat.
Old 05-09-2002, 03:48 AM
JPS

I agree with the above.I have the aluminum left helical and use it to fletch my GoldTips and ACC'S with no problems.I use 5" feathers on my carbons and it works great.I also see the new ones out are "new and improved", they must have changed something.I also reccomend it.
Old 05-12-2002, 05:49 AM
Spike

I am also new to arrow fletching. A friend gave me his original EZ fletcher and I bought new 4 degree straight arms for it. I am trying to fletch 2413 aluminun arrows with 5" plastic vanes but when I try to slowly close the fletcher, the vanes do not stay in the track and misalign on the shaft. What am I doing wrong? Is there something that I can do to fix this problem? Thanks for any assistance.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:35 AM
JPS

If he had an old one the new arms may not work good with the older style.Mine works great,never had any problems.Here is there web site,email them and ask them.www.ezfletch.com

Edited by - jps on 05/12/2002 07:37:52
Old 05-12-2002, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I will have to be the odd man out here. I didn't care for the one I have. Then again I like the bitzenburger style better.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

KalaniManu,
I have used one for years and have been very pleased with it. I use it all the time to replace one fletch for repairs. It also works great to do all three at once. It does take a little practice to get used to, but then WOW! I recently tried to use a "regular" jig, a Grayling, and found it to be so much harder than the EZ. I have check the distance between fletches with a caliper, and found them dead nuts even. I think you will be very pleased.
Pointman,
Don't try to close it too slow. Just turn the bottom and let it go in. They will self center on the shaft. After a few times, you'll get the feel for it. Good luck.
Charlie