Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Copper John's "Dead Nuts" >

Copper John's "Dead Nuts"

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Copper John's "Dead Nuts"

Old 04-27-2002, 05:42 PM

Default Copper John's "Dead Nuts"

Just put this on my bow and shot with it today:
The quality of this sight is excellent. the only thing I didn't like was the vertical gang adjustment was not as precise as a dove tail style found in many other sights of this type. Doesn't make a lot of differance as once it is set, you leave it alone and move the pins for elevation.
Pins, guard and arm are VERY tough, sturdy pieces. The pins are quite bright, and the fornt and back rows are off-set so they all line up on the same plane.
The Pin guard is a VERY large ring made of machined steel with a flo orange ring to line up your peep. It also has a threaded hole for mounting a pin light...nice touch and a bubble level.
The mounting arm has a choice of 3 set of holes allowing you to move the sight closer or farther from your eye. This allows you to set the size of the scope to perfectly match your peep insuring proper alignment. Being a VERY large and brightly painted ring, you don't even have to focus on it as the mind naturally aligns concentric circles. Basically, if you see an orange ring...your lines up.
Being an all metal sight, I was concerned with noise on the shot from the pin gaurd. This fear was put to rest after shooting it...it IS silent
The off-set pins allow for a true zero pin gap. You could also take 2 of the off set pins and switch them front to back so you can stack them ontop of each other....giving you an effect similar to a peep eliminator. If you can see the pin behind the aiming pin...your torquing the bow.
All in all, a very high quality piece of kit. The stackable pins along with the peep alignment ring and bubble level could really show you if you are using poor form, hence improve your shooting. When I shot it, it didn't hlep my shooting much, but reinforced my suspision that I was using decent form to start with. In other word, if you shoot good, this won't help you shoot MUCH better...if you shoot with questionable form...it most likely WILL improve your scores.
The pins when shot indoors weren't as bright as a Trophy ridge sight....but still better than most...the pin light mount would surely help here...NOT a complaint...just 2nd place as far as absolute brightness is concerned.
all in all, nearly a perfect sight! I rate it 9.5 ut of 10! about even with the Trophy Ridge matrix. The bright pin gaurd and beefy construction were big pluses as well as the stackable pins, and wide range of distance settings for mounting.
Old 04-28-2002, 06:42 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-28-2002, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Copper John's "Dead Nuts"

I have heard nothing but good things about this site. It looks tough, and easy to use. I think if I shot more than one pin this would probably be the site I would choose.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 04-28-2002, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stealth_Force, thanks for the report. Did you get the .029 or .019 pins? I've been considering this sight but was wondering which pins to get. I liked the idea of the smaller pin.

Phil.
Old 04-28-2002, 08:10 PM
Spike

Number 1 sight at Big Als Archery outfitters in Seabrook NH.......I work there most people like the small pins so it will not block animalat longer 30+ yards
Old 04-29-2002, 12:20 AM

You know something...I never even knew there was that option....so I didn't even look at the package when I got it...I just slapped it on the bow!
Looking at it now (with nothing to compare it to...I would GUESS the .19 pins. Hmmmmmmmm...If I had the larger pins, they might have been brighter.
Old 04-29-2002, 07:58 AM
Spike

Yes you are right but there are always good points and bad points to every option!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2002, 12:18 AM

Speaking of brightness, In my original post, I had mentioned that the sight had a pre drilled hole for a pin light.
Does anyone have a web page that sells pin lights?
Old 04-30-2002, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

I've contacted Copper John about there websight. They told me it was going to be updated a month and a half ago. Well, it wasn't. I spoke to them again a couple of weeks ago and they said it "should" be up sometime this week. We'll see.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have this site the pro model and love it. I got the .019 pins for shooting a farther ranges. I just couldn't get the accuracy with the bigger pins do to covering my target. I love the .019 pins and find this site it of high quality. awesome site guys a must see.

Brian

Quick Reply: Copper John's "Dead Nuts"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.