Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

DropZone or Trap Door?

Old 11-11-2004, 09:01 PM

Default DropZone or Trap Door?

Thinking of buying a fall away rest. I'm considering the MBG Mach4 Trap door and the Trophy Ridge DropZone hunter. What do you guys think?
Old 11-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: DropZone or Trap Door?

T.R Drop zone here. Love mine!

j
Old 11-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes sir, I don't think you'll find much difficulty on this post. The Drop Zone is clearly establishing itself as the best fallaway available. It is a great rest and will take anything that serious bowhunting will trow at it. It is indeed an excellent product and they have performed flawlessly for me now for a couple of seasons. In fact, the TR DZ is THE rest on ALL my rigs, it that good! Buy one, you certainly won't regret it!
Old 11-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

I put the drop zone on this year and love it too. Very durable and I love the fletching clearance. The only problem I have is the arrow rack, I have lost two of them this year going in and out of my stands. Any suggestions on keeping them on better or any alternatives. All in all a great rest!!!
Old 11-13-2004, 10:10 AM

heres another vote for the trophy ridge drop zone ,i love mine it was easy to set up and easy to tune !
Old 11-13-2004, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer to cut the "rack" in half, that way you have 2, so you always have an extra. The rack really doesn't need to be that long anyway. I also prefer to superglue it on. There are just to many elements that a hunting bow is subjected to during the course of a season to truct any stick-on..... glue it! Here's what mine look like

Old 11-13-2004, 01:54 PM

This one is easy. I've had both rests. Some people like the trap door but it wouldn't work for me. It wouldn't drop fast enough even on it's lightest setting and I kept getting fletching contact. I have two drop zones and they have performed flawlessly for me.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:16 AM

Drop Zone all the way. Got one this year and love it.

For all people say they are too complicated to be trusted in the woods, I disagree. I had my rope get frayed and took it appart. Very simple idea and easy to fix. Highly recommended in my book!