Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews or Pearson

Old 11-04-2004, 03:29 AM

Default Mathews or Pearson

I have had it with my G2XL I will be selling it after I get it back from Bear.
I was wondering Has anyone shot the Pearson Bulldog? I have it narrowed down I think to Pearson Bulldog or Matthews FX. Any reviews to help me make my decision?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 11-04-2004, 08:27 AM

Default RE: Mathews or Pearson

Try a BowTech. I haven't heard much on the newer Pearsons
Old 11-04-2004, 02:25 PM

Well, that choice would be easy for me, Mathews FX, I don't think Pearson makes that good of a bow, either Bowtech or Mathews would be what I check out!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:21 AM

Mathews all the way. bow tech a little on the high side for me. if you have to sell a bow with a lot of rubber on it sounds like it was not to good from the start.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

As you can see on this and other forums the big name companies get a lot of press. Ben Pearson is a top notch company too and have a great lineup. Not only do they sell a great product but they stand behind it too, for years after the sale. I have an Anaconda from 2001 and love it and if I have a problem it is taken care of. Now it isn't the best bow in the world but I shoot well with it and am very comfortable with it. Those are the big issues to buying a bow, not if everyone else is shooting it. Get the one you like best whether it be a Mathews or a Pearson or a Bowtech. As long as you are happy that is most important.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:44 PM

I HAVE OWNED BOTH MATHEWS AND RECENTLY PURCHASED A PEARSON DAGGER.FOR SOMEONE TO SAY THEY ARE NOT THAT GOOD OF BOW IS BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT SHOT ONE.THE DAGGER I HAVE IS A GREAT--QUIET--FAST BOW.I LOVE THERE THIN GRIPS AND DRAW LENGTH MODULE CAMS.JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT HERE ALL THE HYPE OF THE SO CALLED TOP OF THE LINE BOWS DONT FALL INTO THE TRAP THAT THE OTHER NEW ONES ON THE MARKET ARE OF NO ACCOUNT.I TELL YOU WHAT PEARSON HAS A GREAT RELIABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND A LIFETIME WARRANTY WITH OUT ALL THE HASSLES OF HAVING A BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR REGISTRATION.LOOK I LIKE BOWTECH,MATHEWS AND PEARSON JUST AS WELL.I HAVE HAD THEM ALL.TO ME THE PEARSON HAS A MORE TRUE IBO RATING AND BY SHOOTING IT YOU CAN OBIOUSLY TELL IT IS. SO IT IS A GREAT PERFORMING BOW. GIVE IT A TRY YOU WONT BE DISSAPPOINTED AT ALL
Old 11-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, over the years I've shot a lot of different bows by different companies. Let me assure you that Pearson makes a very good quality bow, and yes, will service it for years to come. The company has been around since "dirt".

For someone to say they don't "think" Pearson makes good bows------------well, by that person's signature I'd have to say it's the typical Mathews "Head Case" or a novice, or usually both.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:10 PM

If you are going to hunt, hunt, hunt-and hunt some more, spend the money and go with a Mathews. I have HEARD that the BowTech is an outstanding bow as well, but haven't even seen one before, so I cannot give a personal opinion.
If you are just hunting 2-3-4 weeks out of the year, find you a PSE package deal. PSE makes one heck of a bow, and their package deals, from the NOVA on up, are unbeatable in my humble opinion.
Hope it helps,

SL
Old 11-20-2004, 05:42 PM

I have shot both the Mathews Outback and Bowtech's Patriot both very nice bows. Bowtech beats Mathews on speed, noise and vibration. There is not alot of rubber on the Bowtech not anymore than you would purchase and install yourself anyway. The solid wall at full draw that the Patriot has also gives it more points in my book. Bowtech was also cheaper, I have been researching both companies and shooting as many of Both companies models as I could and they both impress me. I have it narrowed down to the Outback and the Patriot. It will probably come down to which bow I can get the cheapest this off season. It is a tuff decision when you get inot that kind of money you want to make the most informed decision you can make. A Mathews owner is going to tell you Mathews is the best bow out there and a Bowtech owner will tell you the same. Research and shoot them both if you have the opportuniy judge for yourself. Good Luck
Old 11-26-2004, 11:23 PM

Hey Flash, what was the problem with your G2XL? I have just got my TRX back from Bear after it decided to de-rail the string on firing. Got it repaired OK but time will tell if I have confidence in it again.

Quick Reply: Mathews or Pearson

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.