Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 And this is what happens... >

And this is what happens...

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

And this is what happens...

Old 08-30-2004, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default And this is what happens...

We're getting close to season opener in Ky and I just stopped by to browse in my local pro shopa and start looking at a new Outback. Nice bow. Well I bought one, will be ready tonight. Got the NAP 2000 Drop away, etc.

I take it from all the Outback fan's earlier posts, this is a great choice. It's smooth and I love Mathews for building a great, fast quiet bow.

Kelly
Old 08-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: And this is what happens...

Congrats on your new toy. You should pick up 9 more for the rest of your team so maybe you guys will have a chance. J/K!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmm..... that's funny. I went and shot the Outback and got the Bowtech patriot instead. [8D]
Old 08-31-2004, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

My experience...

Well first off, I love the bow, very quiet and smooth. It's a little faster than I thought it would be, so that's a bonus. The Nap 2000 Drop away, however was a complete failure. I am truly a big drop away fan, have two other bows, one with teh NAP 4000 and one with a MZE. But on this outback, I really was never comfortable with the mechanism and it never dropped fast enough to allow for complete fletching clearence. After adjusting, the spring came unwound and I had had it. I pulled it off and put on a Whisker Biscuit that I had bought from last year. I liked it, but still tuning. It did slow down the bow a little, but not enough that my hunting would be compromised.

Anyhow, the Outback is a great, accurate, compact quiet bow. Thanks.

Kelly
Old 08-31-2004, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat's on the new Outback Kcison,I'm sure it'll be a great addition to this years hunting season. I like the Outback myself but I love my bowTech and don't want to pick up another bow.

nubo
Old 08-31-2004, 12:42 PM

Congrats on the new bow. Were you scared you wore the luck out of you last bow.(ha,ha go team wackem & stackem)

Did you trade your old bow in or are you planning a retirement ceremony for it?