Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 expensive socks......worth the money >

expensive socks......worth the money

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

expensive socks......worth the money

Old 08-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default expensive socks......worth the money

I've seen the trend in Cabelas and Redhead toward super do it all socks.Many different companies are making the Wick away, keep warm, long lasting(lifetime warranty), stay up on the calf sock. Can this all be true?
Has anybody tried these $9-$15 pairs of socks and if so are they magic or just expensive.

thanks luckyshot
Old 08-26-2004, 09:12 PM

Default RE: expensive socks......worth the money

Indiana gets down to the high teens, or low 20's in the coldest months with an occasional single digit. I like wool socks over cotton socks. It pulls the moisture out and keeps my feet toasty in my Rocky Bear Claw 2's. The goretex helps, but my feet sweat alot on the way to the stand. Any fabric that will pull the moisture away will help.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:22 PM
Typical Buck

I used the SmartWool socks last season.. about $15-20 a pair. They worked very well... I've always had issues w/ keeping my feet warm... but these really did work. I will buy a few more pair for the up coming hunting season.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keeping your feet dry in the #1 priority if you want to keep them warm. I have a pair of Rocky SnowStalkers with 1200grm Thinsulate. These combined with two pairs of wool socks keep my feet toasty. But there is something that I started doing a couple years ago that really, really helps. Get some ScentKiller deoderant roll on kind. Roll it all over your feet before you go out. Its an anti-persperant and keeps your feet from sweating. Not only that it helps keep foot oder down as well.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

Yes they are,I'm wearing the cabelas brand now and the redhead brand yesterday(breaking in a new pair of hunting boots)They are extremly comfortable and wick moister very well,they seem like they will be excellent in cold conditions also.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:58 AM

Smartwool socks are great. I use a sock liner underneath and my feet are always dry.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:07 AM

The warmest socks i have found are the dry pair i carry in my backpack while hiking to my stand. Once there i take of the sweaty pair i wore in, put the dry pair on and put my boots back on. It works great.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:35 AM

I learned(the hard way),that price is no object when it comes to keeping warm.Never go the cheap way when it comes to footwear,your boots and socks can't be layered like you can with your outterwear.Theres nothing like sitting a treestand with two ice cubes for feet,wishing you would of spent the extra money for the good stuff...Bob
Old 08-30-2004, 08:14 AM

worth every penny ....pd $20 for one pair of wool socks with some kind of Nobel prize winning fabric on the inside .....feet never sweat now , and thats walking with Lacrosse Ice kings on !
Old 08-30-2004, 08:51 AM

Smartwool, enough said.

Quick Reply: expensive socks......worth the money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.