Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Thermacell

Old 08-22-2004, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Thermacell

To those who have used it in a tree stand. Where do you place it? ie. On the bottom platform, in the crotch of the tree, on your day pack? how do you keep it from falling? It also says it must be laid flat, I was under the impression before I purchased a couple that I could just hang it. I would have gotten them any way. Thanks for the imput I might make a strap on shelf to hold the thing and also my hot chocolate in the winter. Or maybe just tape it to a strap-on tree step. Ps. just a hint, stash an extra wick in your license holder so you'll never be without.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thermacell

This will be my first season using a Thermacell. I picked up one of the holsters for $12.99 so that I can strap it to a tree branch. http://www.mosquitorepellent.com/pro...cordless.shtml
Old 08-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

how long does it last before you need to replace the cartritdge?
Old 08-24-2004, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

The 3 mats last for about 4 hrs. each and they say the cartridge of butane lasts 8-12 hrs. It has an on and off switch and auto ignition.

Jeramy I think I'm going to tape it to a strap-on tree step as There will always be a trunk on the tree. The thermacell still must be laid flat to work.[:'(]
Old 08-24-2004, 09:51 AM

I use the holster and just hang it wherever is convienent and out of the way. It DOESNT have to be laid flat to work. Just not upside down. I strap the belt to my three year old all the time and he plays outside like this and never gets bit.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:59 AM

I made two loops out of a wire cote hanger and hang my thermacell flat on the underside of my stand. Just make sure the loops are tight and you attach it out of the way so you don't step on it while getting ready for a shot.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:07 AM
Fork Horn

I use the holster. I got it for 11.99 here https://www.jesseshunting.com/osComm...acturers_id/40
Old 08-30-2004, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bungee corded mine to the deck of my climber last year.

Made reaching down to turn it on and off, replace the pad a real joy.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:11 AM
Spike

For those of you who have used it, does it really work?
Old 08-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMHO it does work on days where the wind isn't heavy. It worked great for my dad in his boxblind.

But for bowhunting I can detect an odor coming off of it. Kinda like a perfume smell. Definately out of place for the timber woods I hunt.
I know some will say it's odorless, but not to my nose.

Quick Reply: Thermacell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.