Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 big problem with Black Hole and Fieldlogic service >

big problem with Black Hole and Fieldlogic service

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

big problem with Black Hole and Fieldlogic service

Old 08-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default big problem with Black Hole and Fieldlogic service

I purchased a Black Hole layered target by Fieldlogic. I thought the target was great - good stooping and easy removal with both field tips and broadheads - and I was the first one to praise them and even stick up for them on this board.

Well here it is a year later -

So after after a few shots this year, I noticed that the arrows were passing through and hitting the backing behind the target. I was a bit upset. They claim the targets will withstand 12,000 shots without a pass through. I had no more than 200 in the target. So I then contacted Fieldlogics customer service assuming they would stand behind their product. I was wrong. They wanted pictures so I sent pictures. Then they wanted me to ship it (with my money) to them for inspection. I didn't feel that it was my responsibility to ship it to them (200 shots vs 12,000). I then offered to send them my reciept for a refund. They then informed me that there was plenty of area around the center that I could shoot at (didn't like the idea of risking arrows) or put straps on it to tighten it up (should I have to?).

So I told them to forget it and told them I would try and inform everyone I could how well their product held up and how eager they were to make it right.

Am I wrong or should they have given me some sort of satifaction? They hype thier product so much but won't stand behind it.

My advice DO NOT PURCHASE Fieldlogic PRODUCTS!!!!

Sorry for whining, but I thought people should know about this situation.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: big problem with Black Hole and Fieldlogic service

I'm not intending to cause a stir but isn't the 12,000 shot claim with field points? I know that's the claim by The Block on their Pro size target.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't have much luck with my "hole" target either. Made it about 3 weeks, not sure how many shots, but not that many. I still have the peices if I ever get around to banding them back together for a camp target. The block is a much better value for field points. Neither one stands up really well to broadheads.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:43 PM

The Block & the Black Hole are made by the same company and i called them too about the 12,000 shot theory they told me well they really didn't mean 12,000 and they only meant it can take very few broadhead shots if you ask me THEY SUCK!
ORIGINAL: JeramyK

I'm not intending to cause a stir but isn't the 12,000 shot claim with field points? I know that's the claim by The Block on their Pro size target.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:08 PM

I got lucky. I bought my first block from Cabelas and about 8 months later after I destroyed it with broadheads, I called them and told them it didn't hold up as advertised. They said they had had problems with them and issued a calltag to pick it up at their expense, and issued a refund. I bought another one and only use fieldpoints on it. I think it will last a long long time like this. Cabela's customer service is awesome.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:25 PM

I bought a Block target about 4 years ago and it started falling apart right after I bought it. They were a much smaller company then and when I contacted them they said they had some bad foam and sent me a new one and let me keep the old one. The new one was just as bad but between the two I got quite a bit of time out of them but I will never buy one again. For half the money I bought a Yellow Jacket this year and it is doing great so far with broadheads.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:15 AM

I bought one about a year ago and shelled out $100 for the blocked imagine my suprise when after 2 night of shooting broadheads I lost 2 ACCs with montec broadheads attached' due to passthrus. Wouldn't give this target to my worst enemy.sjb3
Old 08-25-2004, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

gonna keep postin' this

I think it is wrong they won't stand behind thier target
Old 08-26-2004, 07:27 AM

Try a McKenzie Carbon Block. I have been much happier with it over the Black Hole or the Block. I have used it for two years now with good results.

I do not believe any of your laminated targets will last with broadhead use, even the Carbon Block. I only shoot broadheads into a target I expect to destroy in short order. If anybody knows of a target that will withstand a couple hundred broadheads, I'd like to know about it.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would agree that none of the unglued layered targets will hold up to broadhead use. My favorite target to use for broadheads is an old bag target. I currently use an old Dead Stop Quad. The center spot on all 4 sides were pretty well shot up, so I started shooting broadheads, mostly Muzzys with practice blades, into the middle spots. This type of target stops chisel-point broadheads pretty well, especially if you repack the filling every few shots, or keep turning the
Quad every few shots. The only problem I have is that cut on contact broadheads, like the Phantom or Magnus Stingers, shoot through the target unless you put something else behind it.

Quick Reply: big problem with Black Hole and Fieldlogic service

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.