Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bow speed

Old 08-04-2004, 06:35 AM
Spike

Default bow speed

I was just wondering if everyone out there with a 28" 65-70# draw would sound off about what kind of speeds they are getting with their setup using a chrono. I have to make some adjustments to my bow, but here is what I have:
Pearson Dagger 28" 65#
Carbon Express CX200 arrows (85 grain field points and NAP QuikSpins)
Speed: 284 fps

I'm going to crank her up to 70# today and chrono to see what I can get. I'll update later, but for now I'd like to hear what you're getting for speed.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Spike

Default RE: bow speed

I have the weight at 70# by the bow scale (sure doesn't feel like 70# using the Winn loop hook release) and I got 293 fps the first time. I realize that my fletching was making a bit of contact with the rest, so I adjusted some things and here are the results:

Arrow 1 - 303 fps
Arrow 2 - 302 fps
Arrow 3 - 305 fps

I have to give it to Pearson on this one - they promised a fast bow and silent bow and I got it!
Old 08-05-2004, 06:15 AM

selectarchery,Theres nothing wrong with 284fps,but if you have to shoot over 300fps,thats up to you.To me,speed is worthless if you are getting it at the cost of accuracy..Bob
Old 08-05-2004, 07:51 PM

At 68LBS my hunting shafts are 490grains at 230fps. My variation is never more then 1FPS. Penetration/Accuracy is the key to a good hunting set up.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:25 AM

Speed doesn't mean Sh_t, if you're not accurate with it.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:12 AM

Sorry but something you stated is just wrong.

The dagger has an IBO 0f 312 - NO WAY you are getting over 300 fps at 28" draw. Your arrow is about 350 grains and WAY underspined.

Something is up
Old 08-06-2004, 01:11 PM

Never mind - I see why you are getting such crazy speeds...............

YOU SELL THEM..................lol............

Old 08-07-2004, 03:08 AM
Fork Horn

Most shots occur @ or near 30 yards and with my bow set at it's maximum 50 # (older Golden Eagle) my first forked horn was shot at that distance and i can attest that that arrow had past through that animal and had lodged in a log just beyond the exist wound of that deer and i can tell you it took some great doing to free that tip.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Spike

Let me clear the air here, as this post seems to be going down the wrong road.
1. I am getting better accuracy out of this bow set up as it is than I have gotten out of any bow that I have owned - stop getting bent out of shape thinking that fast=not accurate.
2. Yeah, I sell the Pearson line, but I also sell 8 other lines - I chose the Dagger because it is the best that I think I have to choose from.
3. As for the speed issue - yes, I am getting that speed and my accuracy is better than it has ever been using the arrows that I have. My chronometer can attest to the speed, so why would you claim my test to be false?
4. Nothing is up here - I have the same choices as every bowhunter out there in regard to what I can buy and I chose the Pearson Dagger. I put the post out here so that others can put what their speeds are out of general interest. This wasn't started as a forum to have people claim my tests to be false, my accuracy to be off, or anything of that matter. You want to see it, then come and see it or pick one up at your local dealer. If you can't post something that adds to the post in regard to interest of the initial topic, then don't post.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Spike

BTW, Rackattack, check out www.carbonexpressarrows.com and check out their chart. My bow is at 69#/70# depending on the scale that is used and the arrows are 27". According to the Carbon Express Selection chart, 200 arrows are fine for up to 69#. Thanks for the comment on being underspined though!!

Quick Reply: bow speed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.