Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The Block vs. The Hole - experience >

The Block vs. The Hole - experience

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Block vs. The Hole - experience

Old 07-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The Block vs. The Hole - experience

This year after having my Block for two years, I opted to get The Hole target. After tuning my bow fairly well, I began to take shots with my broadheads. What happened may be a result of my tuning well and being consistent, but I began shooting through the target completely, due to my arrow grouping. So, in my opinion, the Block is a much more durable product for shooting broadheads into than the Hole. If you are going to shoot only field points, then perhaps it will hold up fairly well, but nothing compared to the Block.

Just wanted to share. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:56 PM

Default RE: The Block vs. The Hole - experience

i can't speak for the block, but as for the blackhole...i painted 5 seperate bulls on it to shoot. i started shooting through it with field points. so, i took a couple of ratchet straps and cinched them down really tight around it and it has really helped...

as soon as i shoot this target out, i'm going back to making my own targets...
Old 07-29-2004, 11:30 PM

I didnt like the hole. I only had one for about a month before it fell apart. The block works much better in my opinion.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had bad experiences with the "hole" to. Heres a pic. I get passthroughs most anywhere an arrow hits. I have an old 3-D turkey target behind it to use as a back stop.

Old 07-31-2004, 06:23 PM

Is the Block that much better?

I bought the black hole last summer thinking "Same thing...$20 cheaper"

I had pass throughs within a month. Very diappointed but figured...oh well, that type of target sucks.

But the Block holds up better?

I'll be trying that ratchet strap idea as well
Old 08-02-2004, 06:09 PM

I purchased the Morrell Six Shooter and it has been holding up just fine with both broadheads as well as field points. I recommend this target.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:57 PM

I don't know if you are aware of it but the same company makes both targets . I had problems with the black hole target ( arrows passing thru it ) and i called the company and i was kinda pissed off , well the CEO sent me a brand new Block and no cost to me , it has held up a lil better but my arrows are now starting to pass thru, neither one are made for broadheads like they say !
Old 08-02-2004, 07:11 PM

I have a Hole and haven't had any issues with it. However, I shoot mostly field points (until last Saturday when I screwed on my target broadheads). A couple things to note: If you are shooting from a tree stand/elevation then flip the target on its side. You don't shoot thru as many layers that way. Secondly, I bought some little orange target dots and use them on the Hole. That way I'm using the full surface of the target, not just the center of it. I do the same thing to my 3D deer. It looks like it's been shot with buckshot, but it's lasted for quite a while. Finally, I have a buddy that has a Six Shooter. He hates it. Can't get his broadheads to come out w/o a fight. My guess is that the stuffing is in a little screwy and that's causing his problems.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:56 PM

the block is the way to go had passthroughs withthe hole
Old 08-07-2004, 05:28 PM

I have a black hole and with either target the wrap they use is weak. The post that said he was using ratchet straps is the way to go. Plus I don't leave mine outside. Either way its a lot better than the burlap target i used to have.

Quick Reply: The Block vs. The Hole - experience

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.