Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

warmest coveralls?

Old 07-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default warmest coveralls?

Hey guys, im turning to you for your input. This year I am going to have the time to put in more hours in the stand. I need to know what the best (warmest) insulated coveralls are, who makes them and where to get em. I appriciate your guys' advise. I need new and want to be warm.

thank you
Old 07-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: warmest coveralls?

I wear a pair of Mossy Oak insulated bibs and a parka coat... I think this setup is much better than a pair of coveralls. I make sure to layer my clothing appropriately to the conditions. I wear polypropolene light underwear, then duofold underwear over that... then insulated jeans and finally my coveralls. I don't wear my bibs or outer jacket on my way to the stand. I carry it on my backpack. I also walk slow and steady to the stand to keep from working up a sweat as much as possible.

I don't think you can go wrong w/ anything on the market today.. just pick something that's quiet, warm, waterproof, ect... and meets any needs that you might have. I know it's tough picking items out of a catalog.. I always like to look at clothing I'm buying 1st hand.

I used to do the exact opposite.. .I'd put my coveralls on at the truck.. and then get out to the stand as fast as possible. Nothing makes you colder faster than working up a sweat in frigid weather.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:32 AM

ruttnbuck,I've always been a big fan of goose down for keeping warm.It's lightweight,and easily packed.Cabelas has a line called Tech-Down,I have the jacket,vest,and the coveralls.The coveralls is what I use during the late,cold season.They kept me warm and comfy on one day that the temp did'nt get over 13 degrees last year.I highly reccomend the Tech-Down.Look at it this way,Did you ever wonder why manufactors allways compare insulating qualities to goose down?Good Luck...Bob
Old 07-19-2004, 07:28 PM

Try the coveralls from Arctic Shield. I fished in 35 degree with 17 mph wind on the Chesapeake last year and had to unzip them from time to time to cool off. Check out www.arcticshield.com. They are available at Cabela's and Bass Pro.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

I'm getting the Arctic Shield bibs myself for this year. Their boot covers work quite well...plus it's naturally waterproof.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:26 AM

I have heard really good things about Arctic Shield clothing, its supposed to be really warm. I personaly use Under Armor cold weather gear under normal insulated pants and jacket. Its like a second skin, keeps you real warm and wicks away moisture to keep you from sweating then getting real cold like KBacon mentioned.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Dominant Buck

I wear Army MOPP suits , so further insulation isn't necessary in our mild Fall/Winter temps . Temps above 40 are actually uncomfortable and the suits only cost $15 !
Old 07-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

artic shield all the way!!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 04:12 PM

As others have already mentioned, the artic shield boot covers work great. I think it was about -15 degrees for last year's rifle opener in northern MN and my feet never got cold wearing those boot covers. After the season I heard alot of good things about a piece of clothing called the heater body suit. After looking at their web site, I ordered one. Kind of spendy but I think it's going to work pretty good.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:28 PM

if you guys like arcticshield boot insulators, you should try their jackets and bibs. i don't see them in this year's catalog, but last year they offered coveralls.

Quick Reply: warmest coveralls?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.