Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 grimm reapper broadheads? >

grimm reapper broadheads?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

grimm reapper broadheads?

Old 07-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default grimm reapper broadheads?

like? hate? any better than a spitfire? whos got them?
Old 07-15-2004, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: grimm reapper broadheads?

My son just picked up a set at the pro shop. I like the blades better then the spitfires because they are tight. They snap closed but seem to open easy enough. Also they have the little blades in the tip. Won't know how they preform for about 2 months.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot grim reapors last season. It was my first time to ever use mechanicals of any any kind. All my hunting pals have shots Muzzys for years, myself included. We were all AMAZED with the holes the grim reapors put in whitetails. Although I never had any problems with Muzzys, I won't be swithcing back any time soon. I killed 4 deer with the Grim Reapors last year, and hope to kill many more. Best thing IMHO is no o rings or rubberbands.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:23 AM
Typical Buck

Shot placement is the key to any broadhead, they'll all do damage if put in the right spot. I've heard their a good head, but spitfires are also good, set up a test to determine which one is more durable.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:24 AM
Typical Buck

Pro shop down here in Dallas swears by them. Said they can't keep them on the shelves when season rolls around. Thats the head I'm using this year.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

I shot grim reapors last season. It was my first time to ever use mechanicals of any any kind. All my hunting pals have shots Muzzys for years, myself included. We were all AMAZED with the holes the grim reapors put in whitetails. Although I never had any problems with Muzzys, I won't be swithcing back any time soon. I killed 4 deer with the Grim Reapors last year, and hope to kill many more. Best thing IMHO is no o rings or rubberbands.
who makes teh grim reapors? these sound like a great broad head. Wihunter402 what brand did you say yoru son picked up? let me know what when you find out thanks
Old 07-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son picked up the grim reapers. Here is a link to their site.

[link]http://www.grimreaperbroadheads.com/[/link]

You can locate a dealer near you from there. He is away at a hockey camp right now so we won't be testing them for a couple of weeks. Sounds like buttonbuckmaster had real good luck with them. Sure hope my kid does too.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:33 PM

I'm shooting spitfire 125's right now (Wanting to change) and I was just wondering how they (The Grimm's) can be 100's and 125's? Do they have little weights that are different on the tips? I don't want to buy 100's and then have to buy new arrows!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

MIT - The grim reapers have a small weight that you add before you screw on the head to get the extra 25 if you want it. It adds about a quarter inch to the lenght of the head. Hope that helps. And welcome to that boards.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

I dont think they look all that great on the web but looks can be desciving. I shoot fixed blades because i dont trust mechanicals what if they dont open you will just have one more wounded deer walking around the woods for a week then die and smell and the yotes will get at it. Oh well thats just me

Quick Reply: grimm reapper broadheads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.