Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 extreme sniper or copper johns? >

extreme sniper or copper johns?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

extreme sniper or copper johns?

Old 07-13-2004, 09:38 AM

Default extreme sniper or copper johns?

which of these 2 sights would you guys pick for hunting. i like both of them but was wanting a little input from you all. i was leaning towards the extreme sniper 400w/ light
Old 07-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: extreme sniper or copper johns?

I used to have a Copper John, but sold it in favor of the Sniper. I personally feel the pins are a bit more protected in the Sniper and the adjustments are nicer on it. Plus, the light on the Sniper shines away from the deer toward you, but is blocked from you vision. Pretty neat.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one honestly though. Both are extremely well built, I just happen to give the nod to the Sniper.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:28 PM

I went through the same decision earlier this summer and went with the Xtreme. I found the light placement a little better (go with the purple haze) and, most importantly, the size of the housing. When I look through my peep I could not see the ring around the pins with the CJ. When I look through my peep at the Xtreme I can see all of the orange ring and I know that everything is centered and lined up. The set up just worked better for me.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:38 PM

why the purple light? have any of you heard of the snipers coming loose and not staying tite at all???
Old 07-14-2004, 06:48 AM

I have had my Xtreme come lose twice, but both times it was after the PRO at the shop "tightened" it. I have just gotten into the practice of making sure that everything is tight when I put the bow away after shooting it and I have had no problem since.

The purple light is pretty much invisible but it realy lights up the pins and that is about it. There is a little more glow from the blue light.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:34 PM

I opted for the Copper John 5-pin, primarily because I'm hunting in Colorado this fall and wanted the extra pins. The sight seems very durable and has not come loose in the two months of heavy shooting that I have been doing. It works good on the 3D range too.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:47 PM

would you all say the extreme 400 or 500 is better to get?