Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rattlin Bags?

Old 07-11-2004, 11:02 AM

Default Rattlin Bags?

Is anybody using these. They look to easy to be effective. I would like to add rattling to my hunting, but I haven't been able to find any sheds to use. Any advise will be helpful. Thanks
Craig
Old 07-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rattlin Bags?

my opinion on the rattling bags and the synthetic antlers is that they are junk. they do not sound the same as real antlers. the antlers i use are off an old 8 that my dad shot a while back. compare the 2 [synthetic and real] and there is a difference in the "pop" when the antlers are rattled.

is there some one in the family that can give you antlers off an old buck they shot?
Old 07-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

you may also be able to get some real antlers off ebay
Old 07-11-2004, 01:03 PM

Unfortunately I am not a member of a hunting family. I am one of the few that hunts seriously. I keep hoping to see a set at a yard sale, but no look yet.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:26 AM

I have rattled a couple bucks in with a rattle bag but I to prefer the sound of the real thing. I think the rattle bags are good for light rattling like you would do in the early season but for good all around rattling I prefer real antlers.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

well here you go kelincp. hope this works for you!

REAL rattling antlers ebay auction
Old 07-12-2004, 08:35 AM

When bowhunting, i use rattling bags. The one i use is filled with odd shaped wooden dowels of different lenghts. If you are light rattling they are not bad. For more aggressive rattling i use real.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:44 AM

Thanks for the link Shootem. They look just right.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:45 PM

I had a friend who was renting a home which included a shed. Anyway, someone before him had shot a six pointer and put the antlers on the wall. So, just before he moved he gave me the antlers. I used the hack saw to remove them from the plaque, and drilled a hole for a sting. Now what I do several weeks before hunting season, I take those anterles and place them in a bucket of water to add mosture back into them. Then, when I'm in my stand or blind and I get boored, I start playing with the antlers and occausionally the bleat. Gives me something to do.

T
Old 07-13-2004, 06:31 PM

I have used them on & off for years & sometimes they work & sometimes they don't - I like them better than antlers because they are so easy to carry.

Quick Reply: Rattlin Bags?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.