Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Crimson Talon Broadheads >

Crimson Talon Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Crimson Talon Broadheads

Old 07-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Spike

Default Crimson Talon Broadheads

Wondering if anyone is using the New and Improved for 2004 Crimson Talon Broadheads. Do they live up to their claims. Flatter and more accurate than any other broadhead. ABSOLUTELY NO WIND-PLANNING, etc. They sound good, but you know how advertisements are. I am using muzzy 4 blade 90 gram now.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:08 AM

Default RE: Crimson Talon Broadheads

If the Muzzy's work for you - then don't fix what's not broke! I tried the CT last year. After practicing with the heads and getting inconsistent flight, I decided to use them as an example of what NOT to buy! My Steelforce and Magnus Stingers group right with my field points. The CT's were all over the place with the same arrows - no tuning required[][:'(]!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:38 AM

I used CT broadheads last year. And i will use them again this year. They shot the same out of my bow. But my bow is not the most accurate to begin with. The doe i shot with them only ran 15 yards before dropping. She certainly bled more then any other bow kill i have had. You could see the blood pumping out of her with each heart beat.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

You could see the blood pumping out of her with each heart beat
So are you crediting it all to the CT's? Does shot placement have anything to do with it? Could there possibly be any other broadheads out there that could give the same result?
Old 07-12-2004, 10:48 AM

Shot placement was right behind the shoulder at 15 yards. I have shot three deer in the same spot and yardage. None of them bled out like that. Could another broadhead do that? Yes, Just not one i have used. For me, it was a very fast and dramatic kill. Like nothing i have ever seen before. I was very impressed.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Spike

Well I'm still confused. I was hoping for a better response. Right now it is 1 for and 1 against.
As for using my Muzzys, they work ok and they are bad to the bone. I shoot them on Beman ICS Hunter 400 carbon arrows with a Mathews Ultra-Max with a Muzzy ZE arrow rest. I just don't feel confident when shooting over 20 yards with them. I will only shoot 30 yards max at game, but 10 yards makes a big difference. I have aligned the blades with the fletching and that has helped but I was just looking for something better. If I miss, I would sooner it be from human error than arrow flight.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

That's where tuning comes in.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Weak furrel design with six slots cut into it and the blades are easy to bend if something heavier than a rib is encountered, such as a block target.[&:] After I shot them into the targert and the blades bent I didn't bother with them any more. They were accurate though.

If you want to try something new that is tough as nails and really does have great flight characteristics you should try slick trick broadheads. IMO it's the toughest head out there today and flys better than any other broadhead I have used thus far. They are $20.00 for a pack of three which is $10.00 cheaper than the tallons and are a far superior broadhead.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:30 PM

They fly great but aren't all that durable. The other problem is if you shoot an angled or helical fletch make sure it is going in the same direction as the bent blades on the broadhead...otherwise it will counter-steer.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:36 PM

One of the strongest broadheads I have ever encountered is the Montec G5's. Made of SOLID STAINLESS STEEL & 3 bladed. I tested them against others...many others...and found they even penetrate a 1/2" thick piece of steel ~3/16" and could be used again (without a very sharp point however)! Where as ALL of the other multiple piece broadheads tried (with the exception of Interlock) virtually disintigrated on impact. The Bone Buster broadhead stuck too.

Quick Reply: Crimson Talon Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.