Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need a new Target

Old 06-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default Need a new Target

Whats a good combo target these days? Something that lasts and can shoot field points and broad heads?
Old 06-20-2004, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need a new Target

Go with a black hole or a block style target.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:10 PM

The Block has been very durable for me. If you shoot broadheads alot though, they will tear it up much quicker than just field points.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

Get a bag target for field points ($20-40).. and a McKenzie yellow jacket for broadheads ($35)... these 2 targets together will be cheaper than buying one block/black hole target.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

I wore out my old bag target. I practice with field points during the summer and switch to broadheads just before the season till the end. My broadheads shoot differently than the feild points. Should I just shoot the BH's and forget the fieldpoints?? How do you pull the heads out of the target? I always ripped and tore my old bag on pull out. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:38 PM

I agree w/ KBacon. Keep the bag target for field points only. Broadheads will shred the beg pretty fast.

Better off getting a cheaper foam type target for broadheads. I've been thinking about the Morrel Yellow Jacket as well.

I know your thread wasn't asking for information on this but as a side note - it sounds like you may need to some tuning to get broadheads and fieldpoints to hit together. A properly tuned bow should be able to get them pretty close to each other if not hitting the same spot.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Though some may disagree, I have had good luck with my Black hole layered target so far this year though I also have a Morrel bag target to back it up as well. I forget the model but it has a deer outline on one side and multiple bullseyes on the other.

I also have an inexpensive Mckenzie bag target that works reasonably well though it leaves a plastic residue on some of my shafts.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:29 AM

I just bought a Cube series target by American Whitetail Co.. I bought it through Cabelas. It's a great target. It's designed for broadheads, but you can shoot field points into it too - they are just a little tough to get out at first. It was around $70, but seems like it will last a long time.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:35 AM

My bow shop just got a Rhino Block Rinehart target in. Arrows pull easy, can be shot from any angle and I think will out last about any other target. Listed on their web site for $114.00 but my shop has them for $90.00. I know the 3D shoots that I go to, the Rinehart targets pull easy and don't wear out near as fast as some of the others. I have a Block target, love it but my next target will be a Rhino Block.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:42 PM

I always have a bag target for field points and a foam target for broadheads. It was a Block but as soon as I got it and started shooting broadheads I started pulling out huge slivers of foam. It did not last very long at all especially with how much it cost. This year I bought the Yellow Jacket for $35 and it is bigger than the Block and I could buy 2 for the price of one Block.

Quick Reply: Need a new Target

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.