Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

what are you shooting?

Old 05-20-2004, 03:45 PM

Default what are you shooting?

what is everyone using? i have a buckmaster 32btr and i love it. (except every forum i have been to i kinda feel like an outsider because everyone is up on bowtech or matthews. anyone else feel this way? not trying to start a fire, what you shoot is fine.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:01 PM

Default RE: what are you shooting?

Mathews Legacy.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm shooting the Hoyt XTEC this season. I'm actually surprised that you didn't mention that "everybody" was shooting a Hoyt. It seems that the Hoyt line seems to be the most popular on most of the forums that I frequent? Regardless, the new XTEC is my favorite bow of any that I've ever owned and that's compared to the BowTech and the Mathews that I've had.

Old 05-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey IL-Cornfed - I will be ordering that bow Saturday. I have shot the Matthews and they are nice but the xTec is really something. Not only does it shoot sweet but they look great. I can't wait. I also have the drop zone rest and the matrix site going on it like you have. What is the stabilizer that you have there and what do you think about it. That is about the only thing I have not decided on yet. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

wihunter,

The "X" will make you an awesome bow. It is, without a doubt, the most rock solid and stable shooting platform I've experienced. A truly great shooter that I feel can and will improve your game. You'll love it. As for the stablizer, you can continue to trust Trophy Ridge. I'm using the TR Xchanger. This a product that I'm very surprised we all don't hear alot more about. It's a quality all metal machined adjustable stab with an anti-seeze collar. It's adjustable from 6.5" to 10.5" and promises the "perfect" balance for any rig. Inside the stab is an open cell rubber and at the end is TR's SorboDome material (an almost putty feeling material) and this stab really does soak up vibes well. It also carries a perfectly matched quality camo finish. Check one out, it is one awesome feeling rig. Congrats on the new set-up. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 05-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

IL-Cornfed - Thanks for the info. I always like to hear what others are using and what they think. I did try several others and I think it is the best bow for me. I too really love the Matrix site. This will be my first bow with the drop zone but so many seem to like it and it sure does look like it will work nice. Can't wait for it to get here. Thanks again.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:55 PM

Mathews Ovation
Hoyt Protec Spiral cam 1.5
Old 05-20-2004, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another one of those darn Bowtechs here. See my sig for my setup.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like Cornfed said, the Xtec is the real deal. I've owned mine since February and can't say enough. Quiet, recoil and vibe free and decent speed.

Cornfed, you aren't by chance a Trophy Ridge rep are you?
Old 05-20-2004, 09:43 PM

Well, I just picked up a new Outback last week and am having a ball with it!

Before that, I was using the a Browning that I had for about 22 years...........

Quick Reply: what are you shooting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.