Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Liberty or Outback Now

Old 05-18-2004, 07:07 PM

Default Liberty or Outback Now

I have shot both bows, and still cannot decide, I need help. I have a pocket full of money, and cant decide which bow. I thought I wanted the outback, but Have read alot about the cam clearance problem on the outback. I am also reading that the Liberty is almost impossible to beat do to the changes bowtech has recently made. I am a hunter, that wants a rock solid, fast and accurate bow, please help??? Thanks Billiam
Old 05-18-2004, 08:36 PM

Default RE: Liberty or Outback Now

I shot both and ended up with the Liberty. The outback shot nice, but the valley is Very narrow. If you budge even just a smidgin, the darn thing wants to yank your arm off! All I could image was having a deer below my stand waiting for a perfect shot and being at full draw for a minute or so. Not good with such a narrow valley, IMO. The Liberty was just soooo smooth and the Freedom cam is effortless to draw. Mine is set at 70 lbs and it feels like 63 on most other single cams I have shot. The Liberty also is a little longer AtoA, which holds a little more steady in my hand. Just my 2cents!

Oh, and welcome to the boards! Hang around. There is a wealth of information here!
Old 05-19-2004, 06:01 AM
Typical Buck

While I chose the Bowtech Patriot, I chose my bow manufacturer based on posts here and at other boards. You're considering bows from what seem to be the best and worst companies in terms of customer service - per what I've read from others' experiences. Bowtech service was as good as what posters suggested and I've got no complaints.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:05 PM
CR

I just recently purchased an Outback and must say it is an AWESOME bow. I have nothing but good to say about it. No noise No recoil No handshock and it shoots GREAT. I have not had any problems with the valley (it's actually got a little more than one of my other bows) As far as customer service, I've never needed them. I tried a few of the bowtech line and just did not care for the feel of them, but you need to pick the one that's best for you.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:52 PM

I am also stuck between the two- Mathews? or Bowtech? I guess I'll head to the shop and make my final decision this Saturday. [8D]
Old 05-19-2004, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm pretty partial to BowTech but either bow will curve your appetite,but I must say for hunting that I'd sooner go with the longer brace and more forgiving bow.

nubo
Old 05-19-2004, 06:24 PM

Im a very strict mathews fan, but if i was in your situation i would probably go with the bowtech. I liked it much better than i did the outback. Besides the valley, i thought the bowtech was much more balanced.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:20 PM

my older brother has had his mathews for over a year. ive had my bowtech for 1 1/2 weeks. i already shoot better than him. i dont even have a stabelizer yet. we both bought them used, so his comes with a waranty, but if you dont drop your bow out of a tree stand, who needs one. VFT is awesome. it seems to me that it is harder to keep a mathews tuned perfect. other than that, they are about the same. it all depends on your feel.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:24 PM

i shot both bows and really liked how the outback shot. at peak weight it dont have any valley. it was quiet and felt good and comfortable even at 4.25 lbs for the short bow. the camo is awesome but that dont make me by a bow. i went and shot the liberty and it does have a little more vibration but nothing that cant be cured. what amazed me was the draw cycle--very smooth and easier to draw and hold. it fix like a glove in my hand. so i purchased it instead of the outback. in cold weather it would be a breeze to draw and hold for a longer period of time if nessesary. either one is a great bow--so go with what feels the best
Old 05-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

OUTBACK!

Quick Reply: Liberty or Outback Now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.